Ultramar Ferry suspended for exceeding capacity

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ill bet you an Ice cold beer that if a new ferry company started up and started running every day, that both ultramar and winjet would quickly change their alternate days schedule and start running at same time. The reason that nothing is going to change for the foreseeable future is because of the massive profits being made in this monopoly. The boats are running only half the time as the past but their profits are by far the largest they ever had.

A new startup? Lol...that there is funny.

I took this while I thought we were waiting for the 6pm ferry. Showed up at 5:45pm after dropping off the rental at ISIS.

The line started right at the sidewalk with 6:00 showing on the board. Not knowing that our first class tickets would allow us to bypass the line we waited like everyone else until we just got to scan our tickets and got to sent to the special line. I’m sure we would have missed that ferry otherwise. And it turns out we were on the 7pm ferry like I planned.
[edit] -having linking issues..sorry
B777B4A4-6D0B-49F4-B0C6-5140DDEAD921

b777b4a4-6d0b-49f4-b0c6-5140ddead921.210760

I took this while I thought we were waiting for the 6pm ferry. Showed up at 5:45pm after dropping off the rental at ISIS.

That looks about right... Looks like the lines and crowds that form in the airports when they start calling groups to board flights that we experienced. Solution? I'll pound the table on this... 3M N95 8511 vented masks that are again commonly available.

Worth noting: looking at the people in that photo...

1. No social distancing at all. Zero. There is not a single person in this photo who is 6 feet/2 meters away from others.
2. Virtually everyone in the photo I see who actually has a mask on has it pulled down under their nose, or under their chin, so might as well be not wearing anything. Some are wearing some sort of mask or scarf around their necks. Some are not bothering to even pretend they're wearing a mask. I can't see everyone's face clearly, but of those I can, I see maybe 2 or perhaps 3 who have a mask worn properly. Out of maybe 50 to 100 people or more.

If you want to know why the pandemic is out of control, look no further than this photo. Nobody gives a sh*t.

If you want to know why the pandemic is out of control, look no further than this photo. Nobody gives a sh*t.

:wink: Flyboy, you can take that photo in Mexico (where mask wearing in public is mandated by law) and it may as well have been taken in any US airport or public transit terminal. Law only makes a difference if people abide by it and authorities enforce it. In this world there is the way it should be and there is the way it is. The idiots will do as they will while others will take precautions to protect themselves. Those who take precautions have very little to worry about. It's generally the idiots and the families of idiots who are running the #'s up, not those who abide by best practices when out and about in the general public or when traveling.

While walking off the pier in PDC a M16 equipped Solider told someone to lift up their mask. Only noticed as I was checking out the high cap mag Oooohhhh. And the old style Vietnam heat shield. Retro baby.

While walking off the pier in PDC a M16 equipped Solider told someone to lift up their mask. Only noticed as I was checking out the high cap mag Oooohhhh. And the old style Vietnam heat shield. Retro baby.

I like seeing the occasional flat top with no rear site.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom