Condom Catheter Recommendations?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Addison Snyder

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Getting a new drysuit in a month, and I want to get it right.

Right now I'm using a pretty hillbillied setup on my P-valve (haven't gotten a UTI, slightly surprised). Anyways my current condom catheters are single-use latex ones. Rather than use glue, each one comes with a small rectangle of foam, with one side adhesive. Think 'easy-mount' wall stickers. Once unrolled onto my throbbing member (I'm always excited to dive) /s, the foam goes around, gets folded back a little, and does a reasonably good job at preventing any leaks. I've yet to experience the pleasure of super-gluing my junk (or more importantly, ungluing it).

What is a good long-term product to use? Is there a product that sticks out (no pun intended)? Is multi-use a thing, and how well does that work out?

My only experience has been with Bard (formerly Rochester) widebands. These are single use (think one per diving day) self adhering silicone condom catheters. I've never had any issues with leaks are detachment, even over a long day of multiple dives.

Rochester wide band

+1 to the Bard/Rochester wideband - definitely better than the normal/not-wideband ones. I use them on every dive at home in cool conditions and have also used them in insane heat+humidity of Mexico's cave country on long multi-dive days and never had an issue.

It prevents twisting and is easy to connect

Speaking of twisting (kinking) of the condom cath tubing, does anyone trim the end of the Cath so that the tubing part is not so long to avoid kinking?

Speaking of twisting (kinking) of the condom cath tubing, does anyone trim the end of the Cath so that the tubing part is not so long to avoid kinking?
Yes i do.
And i only use the connector. And remove the normal connection

I use the Pop-ons which have less glue than the widebands and tend to be a bit less awful to get off and haven't had any leak issues. The key is to make sure that you use skin prep wipes...

+1 for Rochester wide band. Take a long hot shower to ease the pain of removal. They don't slip off after a full day's use

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom