Bungee for a Geo 2?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RIHappyDiver

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have never been able to find a bungee mount for the Geo 2. Am I just looking in the wrong places? Has anyone done a DIY version that they would care to share the hows of?

Thanks,
Erik

This is what I did. Worked until I did a bad battery swap and flooded it. I suppose technically the bungee solution continued to work after the flood.

48607782963_345dc94612_c.jpg

@CT Sean , I forgot to ask what size bungee you used?

No affiliation. I just have this on my Ebay watchlist.

Oceanic Geo2 / Atom2 bungee mount adapter for scuba diving computer | eBay

I ended up landing on this one. French Paratrooper style. Elastic. It works OK but the buckle is a bit of a pain. I'll probably end up with an elastic NATO style band at some point. Regular nylon NATO ends up flopping about at depth.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07Y5Y6R1F/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Interesting. Have to consider that first one. Thanks!

I used a NATO strap for mine similar to the second link but the mount in the first link wasn't available at the time and I would consider that one. I would replace the bungee with one that comes back over itself with a slip knot so that it is adjustable based on your exposure suit.. I can wear mine over skin all the way up to dry suit.

1/8" - you can get it in bulk at West Marine. It's pretty tight between the pin and the body - I had to remove the pin, hold the bungee in place and force the pin back over it.
Thanks!

Here is a picture of mine with a NATO strap used to hold two bungies. The NOATO strap is cut off, only the metal loops are needed. The bungies are adjustable depending upon what exposure suit you are wearing. If you wear several different ones like I do then adjustability is needed. One bungie is fully extended which works well for drysuit diving; the other is not which fits for no wet suit or a 3 mm. The slip knot is the key. Many, many dive on it and very happy with it. Might not look great but it works great.

IMG_20210226_164814219.jpg

Back
Top Bottom