Will Oceanic Geo 4 replacement strap fit the Oceanic Geo 2?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DanMont

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
The strap on my venerable Oceanic Geo 2 snapped after 8+ years of use and I want to get a replacement strap. Unfortunately Oceanic have discontinued parts for the Geo 2, does anyone knows whether the strap kit for the Geo 4 would fit as a replacement instead?

This is mostly speculation but I'd be surprised if it fits. I used to have a Geo 2.0 (which I flooded after a battery change) and the space between the computer housing and the strap pin is very tight. The 2.0 strap ends are molded to fit snug in the 2.0 housing.

Looking at a Geo 4.0, it's a much more conventional "watch style" lug gap and the straps and pretty standard rounded ends. There's a good chance the rubber around the pin hole is too thick to fit in the gap of the 2.0. I also can't find the 4.0 strap width anywhere online. Maybe some nice GEO 4.0 owner will come here and share it for posterity.

If you want a dirt cheap option, you use a couple loops of 1/8" bungee cord like I posted here: Bungee for a Geo 2?
It's not pretty but it worked for years, and the automatic depth compensation was nice with a 7mm suit and 5mm gloves.

I also have the original strap which was barely used. I could probably figure out how to mail it to the UK for the cost of shipping.

Thanks Sean, I ended up using bungee cord to create a strap. Worked pretty well at the weekend.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom