regulator suggestions for stage tank

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A Mk2 will not fail , if a regulator fails , easy breathing becomes irreverent .
Edit: Deleted the long detailed reasons, and the failed sealed diaphragm I have seen in the past.
Another topic.

And if you buy up the crystal G250s, AJ will cry a river.

is this where I should post a photo of my beautiful unused one that I can’t bring myself to take underwater?

i understand some use mk2. but planning on using em for deco. planning to take up Tdi adv nitrox and tdi decompression procedures.. im going to be spending time breathing on these regs and not just for emergency use. i would want em to be ... balanced hehehe.. i know.. im a luxury diver. whenever i do airsharing drills my buddy is always surprised how "loose" my regulator breathes lol.
ok noted on this one... turrets are expensive... i honestly wana save up on stage bottle regs. but not willing to sacrifice the easy breakthing with mk2
Hi
If I may say, you may have a wrong understanding about balance-unbalanced, the relationship between first and second stages and ease of breathing.
Furthermore, at deco you are not doing too much effort (except if you are in a cave swimming at deco depth).
So any well serviced reg should be ok.
Where are you in Cebu?

Hi
If I may say, you may have a wrong understanding about balance-unbalanced, the relationship between first and second stages and ease of breathing.
Furthermore, at deco you are not doing too much effort (except if you are in a cave swimming at deco depth).
So any well serviced reg should be ok.
Where are you in Cebu?

unblalanced = harder to breathe? after my discover scuba on a rental unbalanced reg, i bought a blanaced regulator and got certified the week after. This was over 9 years ago though.

honestly i haven't taken the class yet. so i woudn't exactly know how deep or what gas i'll be bringing on the stage tank. I assume it would be a 50% or a 100% or probably just Air.

Where... in Cebu? ... Cebu =) are you from Cebu too?

unblalanced = harder to breathe? after my discover scuba on a rental unbalanced reg, i bought a blanaced regulator and got certified the week after. This was over 9 years ago though.

honestly i haven't taken the class yet. so i woudn't exactly know how deep or what gas i'll be bringing on the stage tank. I assume it would be a 50% or a 100% or probably just Air.

Where... in Cebu? ... Cebu =) are you from Cebu too?
Cebu is big...oops, I mean long :)
Are you in Malapascua, Cebu city, Malboal,...?

Im in
Cebu is big...oops, I mean long :)
Are you in Malapascua, Cebu city, Malboal,...?
im in cebu city... but i can go to moalboal. I dive mostly mactan. Malapascua is a bit trucky since involves interisland travel. And were technically in some sort of quarantine. But some friends have crossed. Hey howd you know the place?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom