Oahu Diving Recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SteveLaz

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello Everyone, I have a trip to Oahu Hawaii planned for a week in mid May. I am planning on this trip to be basically a dive trip for me and plan on diving at least 5 days while there.

I have not been to Hawaii in over 20 years and the Dive Instructor, Bob Clark, who took me diving there and really turned me on to diving, had passed away 10 years or so ago. I really liked Bob and had hoped to dive with him again!

Anyway, I am looking for recommendations for dive ops I can look at for my diving. I am staying at the Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach. Thanks!

Hi @SteveLaz

Your post brought back good memories. I had 3 business trips to Honolulu in 2006. 2008, and 2009 and was able to get in several days of diving on each visit. I stayed at the Hilton Hawaiian Village once. The operator I used, Alex's Aquatic Adventures (AAA) is no longer in business, so I can't help you there. I had many very good dives on the Sea Tiger and YO-257/San Pedro. The Corsair is certainly worth doing once. The drift dive at China Wall/Spitting Caves was quite good. I don't remember all the reef dives but enjoyed Turtle Canyons and Kewalo Pipe and several others.

Have a great trip, please report back

Hi @SteveLaz

Your post brought back good memories. I had 3 business trips to Honolulu in 2006. 2008, and 2009 and was able to get in several days of diving on each visit. I stayed at the Hilton Hawaiian Village once. The operator I used, Alex's Aquatic Adventures (AAA) is no longer in business, so I can't help you there. I had many very good dives on the Sea Tiger and YO-257/San Pedro. The Corsair is certainly worth doing once. The drift dive at China Wall/Spitting Caves was quite good. I don't remember all the reef dives but enjoyed Turtle Canyons and Kewalo Pipe and several others.

Have a great trip, please report back

Yes, I had a great trip 20 years ago and the diving was excellent! The turtle canyon was awesome! There were probably 20+ swimming around us! I didn't do any deep dives then because i was not certified at the time. I am Advanced Open water and Nirtox certified now so I'm really looking forward to doing some wreck diving out there. I also stayed at the Hilton Hawaiian Village back then to and it was great! Went for the pro bowl a couple years back then! Hopefully someone who has dove there recently will chime in...

Gabe is amazing. Great crew and great diving. Every time I go there it’s the outfit I dive with.

Home

check them out!
They will pick you and and drop you off at your hotel.

There's a third vote for Gabe at Kaimana Divers.

Another vote for Kaimana Divers. We dove with them two years ago and had a great time!

...Bob Clark, who took me diving there and really turned me on to diving, had passed away 10 years or so ago. I really liked Bob and had hoped to dive with him again!....

Did Bob drive a really ratty stretched Ford van? Yellow I believe?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom