Most accurate H20 temp website (CZM)?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The first years my husband and I were certified we were living in Connecticut. We dove almost every weekend 10 months a year in Maine, New Hampshire, Massachusetts or in Connecticut. The water was definitely cold! We quickly went from diving in a 7mil to dry suit diving. All those years gave me lots of experience wearing a full hood. After we began warm water diving, I quickly realized I never wanted to dive with a hood (or a dry suit for that matter) ever again. I was happy to pass on my dry suit to another diver. My methods of keeping warm may not be for everyone, I end up bringing 2 wetsuits, a beanie and a vest with me as well as a fleece lined boat coat to put on between dives during the winter. It works for me. We are planning on spending all next winter in Cozumel, if I feel I need a 7, I will definitely get one. In the meantime, I know a few that are regular posters that wear 7mils in Cozumel. Maybe they will chime in.

if you get cold easy, the worst thing to do between dives is keep the wet suit on. take it off. turn it inside out and leave in the sun. dry your self off and put on warm clothes (and a warm hat if needed). make sure you are warm before you go in for the second dive.
Second that. Even in May when I usually go, leaving the top part of my wetsuit/diveskin on when the boat starts moving can chill me pretty good.

Second that. Even in May when I usually go, leaving the top part of my wetsuit/diveskin on when the boat starts moving can chill me pretty good.
Evaporative cooling, the reason for the boat coat

My computer says it’s normal here 80-81, more 81 than 80. First dives in a dry wet suit are just like normal, it’s the first dives in wet wetsuits that get chilly. Second dives all depend on the surface weather and we typically have some cloud cover and mid 80’s for temps - that makes the second dive cold.

Surface temps play a much bigger role over the normal ocean temps here in my opinion.

While you northern folks might be fine in shorts here at night, us locals are wearing jeans and jackets - I had frostbite the other day coming back from coconuts right at dark!!

Todays water temperature 80 degrees all day long.

Back
Top Bottom