Hollis doubles wing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

spc751

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am thinking about trying backmount doubles and am thinking about a Hollis C45LX wing for double hp100s. I am using a Hollis S38LX for single tank diving and like it. Is this Hollis doubles wing okay?

I am thinking about trying backmount doubles and am thinking about a Hollis C45LX wing for double hp100s. I am using a Hollis S38LX for single tank diving and like it. Is this Hollis doubles wing okay?
What brands are available to you?
What is your budget?
Do you work for Hollis retailer/keyman?
If you size up to LP104s/108s/112s are you content to (maybe) buy another wing?

I wouldn’t put it in my top four or five wings for those cylinders (or any), but it’s not like it’s going to kill you. Others to consider:
1) Light Monkey 45
2) Halcyon 40
3) Oxycheq Vortex 42
4) DGX 55

I have a Hollis 45L and a the double bladder 45lb version and I use them both with HP100s in wetsuits and drysuits. Bottom line they work, but the lift is a little lower than I would like when the HPs are full, I would prefer a 50 lb wing. That may differ based on your body weight, buoyancy etc.

I searched around for a doubles wing and landed on a used Dive Rite Classic XT wing. It has 65# of lift on paper, but I don't notice any amount of drag with a set of 100's. I like the fact that it has zero issues floating whatever I clip to it at the surface.

I have not tried another doubles wing to compare it to, but I did take suggestions from people with much more experience than me.

Why do you think these wings are better than Hollis.
What brands are available to you?
What is your budget?
Do you work for Hollis retailer/keyman?
If you size up to LP104s/108s/112s are you content to (maybe) buy another wing?

I wouldn’t put it in my top four or five wings for those cylinders (or any), but it’s not like it’s going to kill you. Others to consider:
1) Light Monkey 45
2) Halcyon 40
3) Oxycheq Vortex 42
4) DGX 55

Why do you think these wings are better than Hollis.
Construction, shape, value, customer service, resale value, and no trash internal retention/shaping system. I don’t know if the C45LX uses the proprietary fine thread inflator and OPV elbows (the Katana 2 does). If it does, add that as another negative against it.

The shop I deal with also carries.
OMS
Oxycheq
Xdeep
Halcyon

I have a like new lightmonkey 45 pound doubles wing for sale. It was literally dove for one week of training. It is a much nicer wing than the Holiis.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom