Dive Curaçao Update: Coronavirus on Curacao

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi all,

Things are looking increasingly better and all of us are hoping that we will see easing of Lockdown restrictions on Monday. We've been very good for the most part and been locked away in our homes for almost 6 weeks now. Vaccinations have been well rolled out now and are well on the way to get the majority vaccinated. We have also been included in the European vaccination pass that is being discussed at the moment. I think that is all for now. See y'all soon!

Hi all,

Things are looking increasingly better and all of us are hoping that we will see easing of Lockdown restrictions on Monday. We've been very good for the most part and been locked away in our homes for almost 6 weeks now. Vaccinations have been well rolled out now and are well on the way to get the majority vaccinated. We have also been included in the European vaccination pass that is being discussed at the moment. I think that is all for now. See y'all soon!
I will hope for good news soon!

So, I guess not many things changed today
The word I get is two more weeks of the present lockdown, I’m going in 5 weeks (or not) I don’t need to fly there to sit in a house with a pool, I’m doing that here at home.

The word I get is two more weeks of the present lockdown, I’m going in 5 weeks (or not) I don’t need to fly there to sit in a house with a pool, I’m doing that here at home.

Uggghhhhh!

We have reservations for 5 weeks from now. Julie at Go West advised us to "hold" our reservations as things were changing. I will email Julie and get a sit-rep.

I want to go to Curacao badly. I got vaccinated just for this trip, even though I am in great physical condition and my T-cell and D-cell immunities are sky high (I work with festering pustules daily who are experts at viral super-spreading). Since March 2020, we have travelled the Eastern U.S. (multiple times; the Keys to the Keweenaw Peninsula) and eaten at any restaurant that will seat us. I have not been able to contract this sheet. Although, maybe I have!

I am going to keep hope alive!

cheers,
m

We have the month of February booked. Staying at a house in Coral Estates. Hope all gos well

Nice! I am jealous!

I work for a school district. February is out of the question for us--it is a beautiful time of the year to be there. The trip we are hoping to complete in June was pushed-out from last December (2020). We dived the Keys last summer. I am itching to go diving.

cheers,
m

We have been there once in January (2 weeks) and once in February (2 weeks). Stayed in Coral Estates the first time and Cas Abou the second time. Super happy both times. We were told today that Alberta has the worst Covid record of all of Canada and USA. Feel safer everywhere but here. Hahaha

Back
Top Bottom