Afternoon Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ReadyDiverOne

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi all, need recs for ops that will do both morning and afternoon dives or if not same op, options to dive with one in am and another in pm.

Many thanks.

i think for many shops it may depend on the season and how busy they are. in the slower months, many just do not have enough customers to warrant an afternoon dive. if you stay at a place with shore diving on site or at least very close by, you wuld have the ability to go in the afternoon or at night on your own schedule. that might be an option to consider.

Pelagic Ventures will go out all day, if you want. Paulino and Mary are wonderful people and Fernando, the DM, can find the tiniest critters.

You kinda need to pick the op and then check on it with the date. I know we dive with Scuba with Alison and they do sometime do afternoons with enough interest. I would guess the most that would say afternoon dives without dates might be a lot of cattle boats.

Where are you staying?
I don't usually recommend AI's but places South like Iberostar do three dive a day guaranteed.

Otherwise bigger boutique ops like Aldora or Tres Pelicanos have a better shot of doing three a day.

The one I use in Cozumel will do am and pm (3 tank) or am and twilight/night (4 tanks) on same days but depends on how many divers. Bottom Time Divers. Send an email with dates and numbers off .net internet page (google should come up with Cozumel). Note he is out of town this next week but should respond.

Tres Pelicanos will do both afternoon and twilight/night dives with only 2 divers required IF you book in advance (before leaving home). They also dive every morning.

Salty Endeavors at Best Dive Shop in Cozumel | Scuba Diving Instructors in Mexico will go out anytime one of their customers wants to go. I was there for a slow week once and had a private boat some days. I told Henry that I'd understand if he wanted to put me on a quality competitor's boat when I was the only one, but he said they take care of their divers, period. If one wants to go, they go.

They are certainly one of the top Operators. I know that the island has several and the competition is tough, but I've dived with several and would put them in the top tier.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom