F×<[$%> weather

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That’s great news!

Anyone for wetherilling Sunday afternoon? (forecast isn't so great though) stuck with family stuff saturday then need to drop my son off at the airport sunday am so its close. :)

Fun time today and pretty good conditions for Ft. W. Sun, low wind, 68 degrees and 6-8' vis. Great to meet Mr. and Mrs. Afterdark and Bubblesong. A Ft. W. regular solo diver Paula was there as well. I didn't take a lot of pics but I have attached a couple that I could use some id help. On my two dives, schools of two different types of bait fish in the sandy shallows and a couple nice size blackfish. A number of very small 1" or so flounders in the sand and very skittish, hard to get a decent picture. Juve puffer and starfish.

So the id help, small 1-2" chocolate/dark fish with pectoral and dorsals and swam like a shark or maybe dogfish. The other are clear tube structures with yellow rims that were open until I disturbed them but quickly opened again
MICR0470.jpg
MICR0472.jpg
MICR0473.jpg
MICR0474.jpg
MICR0475.jpg
MICR0485.jpg
MICR0489.jpg
. Any ideas? Thanks.

Hey nice pictures @tkaelin ! @CT-Rich might be able to ID it. IMO you have it already a dogfish, swims like a shark because it is a shark. It was nice to me you also. The conditions where good especially for FTW. The ocean rarely fails to surprise us mere mortals!

Yes. Lots of spongebob in our household when the kids were young.

Fun time today and pretty good conditions for Ft. W. Sun, low wind, 68 degrees and 6-8' vis. Great to meet Mr. and Mrs. Afterdark and Bubblesong. A Ft. W. regular solo diver Paula was there as well. I didn't take a lot of pics but I have attached a couple that I could use some id help. On my two dives, schools of two different types of bait fish in the sandy shallows and a couple nice size blackfish. A number of very small 1" or so flounders in the sand and very skittish, hard to get a decent picture. Juve puffer and starfish.

So the id help, small 1-2" chocolate/dark fish with pectoral and dorsals and swam like a shark or maybe dogfish. The other are clear tube structures with yellow rims that were open until I disturbed them but quickly opened againView attachment 673611 View attachment 673612 View attachment 673613 View attachment 673614 View attachment 673615 View attachment 673616 View attachment 673617. Any ideas? Thanks.
The two siphons next to each other are tunicates (aka sea squirts). The little fish is probably not a shark. New born/hatched sharks are much larger than this. Juvenile fish are really hard to identify.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom