05-17-08 Veterans Reef

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yea, I figured that I would leave that part out, since Jolly did a great job. Even with all that going on, he never got anxious. Ohh and after he chummed the water, he felt good enough to go back down for at least 30 more min. I have to admit it I was impressed. Although now I will say, at least the chumm didn't bring out the bulls:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

Jolly You're talking to a 11 yr Navy guy (Chugger). I believe he's used to heavy waves on large ships.:D

Oooh.. yeah.. that sounds like a great idea... I'll be sure to sit next to you when I try that!

Did Bandit put U up to that?

Bandit didn't put me up to it at all. I'll have to take all the credit for that one.

Hi all.. I haven't posted much and I'm sure none of you know me.... but I was one of the FNG's out with bandit and I'm pleasantly surprised that he didn't mention this... but it was a big part of the day so here it is... I was the one that did all the chumming. Apparently there was a bet won because of this.
It was MY first time on open seas and my first salt water dive. I have a history of getting nauseous on amusement park rides & such, so I wasn't surprised, but WOW! was I sick! Despite getting seasick, I had a fantastic time and I'm going to get my sea legs, I assure you. I will not let a little tummyache ruin all the adventures I'm looking forward to!

So any tips/tricks for overcoming seasickness, send 'em my way!!! Otherwise, see ya on the bottom!
This method works great for me......I take Dramamine before I go to bed the night before boat ride.....and then as soon as I wake up I take another dose.....and then another dose when we hit the water.....Works great for 6 foot swells:)

Chugger... >sniff< ... U stink

Thanks all.. I've never used Dramamine, or any other motion sickness tx for that matter.. any side effects? Don't ya get sleepy w/ Dramamine?

You can get drowsy with Dramamine. On the other hand I use Bonine and have no side effects at all. You can get it in the same section as Dramamine at you drug store.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom