08 DUI dry suit rally calendar!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diverdown247

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Ok, here it is finally!! DUI has released their 2008 DOG DAYS dry suit rally calendar (tentatively). Unfortunately those of you used to going to Beaver Lake in April will be forced to go to Table Rock this time as they will be at Moonshine beach in 08. DUI DOG Rally & Demo Days - Main Information Page

Date City Location
April 12-13, 2008
Branson, MO
Moonshine Beach

April 19, 2008
Monterey, CA
TBD

April 26-27, 2008*
Lake Travis, TX
Windy Point

April 5-6, 2008*
Pelham, AL
Alabama Blue Water Adventures

August 16-17, 2008
Newport, OR
Oregon Coast Aquarium

August 22-23, 2008
Seattle/Tacoma, WA
TBD

June 21-22, 2008
Black River Falls, WI
Wazee Lake

June 7-8, 2008*
Kankakee, IL
Haigh Quarry

March 15, 2008
San Diego, CA
TBD

May 17-18, 2008*
Bethlehem, PA
Dutch Springs

May 30-June 1, 2008*
Findlay, OH
Gilboa Quarry

May 3-4, 2008*
Gloucester, MA
Stagefort Park

November 15-16, 2008*
Terrell, TX
Clear Springs Scuba Park

November 8-9, 2008*
Chiefland, FL
Manatee Springs

October 11, 2008
Kentucky
TBD

October 18-19, 2008*
Rawlings, VA
Lake Rawlings

October 4-5, 2008*
Metropolis, IL
Mermet Springs

September 13-14, 2008*
Lake Tahoe, CA
TBD

September 27-28, 2008*
Portland, CT
Brownstone Quarry

Where is Moonshine Beach in reference to Branson?

I believe moonshine is on the other side of the dam from Dewey Short.

Correct, on the other side of the dam from Dewey Short on 265/165. The entrance is right next to the entrance for Chateau on the Lake. There is a lot of parking at the boat ramp area attached to Moonshine beach.

265/265 splits by Chateau on the Lake: 165 circles back toward Branson and 265 continues over the dam (according to the map). If you find the entrance to State Park Marina, you're just down the road. There is actually a spillway between the dam and Moonshine beach (yes, it's divable!).

I must warn you, the lower level at the beach is handicap and unloading ONLY. If you park there, the park rangers WILL hit you up for a ticket.

Use the satellite version of the map below, find the dam, zoom in, and adjust the center as needed to see how Moonshine Beach is set up. There is a man-made peninsula separating the swim area from the boat launch. Keep in mind the Google map is NOT up to date (it shows boat launch construction which was completed some time ago).

Branson, missouri - Google Maps

Unless they make an exception there is a charge to enter there as well. They do issue tickets to those who don't pay.

This event SHOULD take place BEFORE the park officially opens. If that is the case, there may not be a parking fee. I'll contact the ACOE office and find out.

I have not had the chance to contact ACOE as of yet (been under the weather). But, I have sent DUI an email regarding the usual parking fee charged at Moonshine beach.

Would an extra $5 truly be a deal-breaker for some?

I know it would not be for me, but if I got a ticket I might be a little bit upset over that.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom