08 DUI dry suit rally calendar!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Here's a slight update.

I spoke with Louis from Scuba-sports in Branson today. They confirmed receiving my email regarding the DUI event. He is not currently a DUI dealer, but is exploring the option. As a result, Louis has expressed interest in helping out divers at the 4/12-13/08 event at Moonshine Beach.

Scuba-sports should be open that Saturday (unknown at this time about Sunday). He is going to look into IF the ACOE will allow him to bring a portable compressor to Moonshine Beach to expedite air fills rather than have a bunch of people trying to get back and forth to the shop for fills. When I know something solid on this, I'll post it up. Remember, if he can make this happen it will save EVERYONE fuel and drive time (not that he'd be opposed to having everyone in the shop...potential sales ya know).

If you are unfamiliar with Scuba-sports, please visit their website: Welcome to Scuba Sports, Branson Missouri, Scuba-Sports.Com
The GPS coordinates for different dive sites on Table Rock are available on their site and they are a full service PADI dive shop. They have a dive boat, but I do not know if it will be available that weekend; if you want to schedule it you could always call them and see if they can work that out.

Scuba Sports
1196 Highway 248
Branson, Mo. 65616
(417) 337-7727

As I gain info on local boat availability, I'll post up.

DUI has decided to change the site (not the venue) of the Dry suit test dive dates for April 12-13, 2008.

It was slated for Moonshine Beach (just north of the dam). It is now slated for Dewey Short (south side of the dam) on the same dates: April 12-13, 2008. This may be in lieu of the $5.00 per vehicle parking fee as well as the difficulty of getting the swimming area opened prior to May.

FYI, the owner of Sho-Me Scuba is considering bringing his boat out for the event to shuttle folks to Moonshine beach (if desired), the Zebulon Pike, and/or Jake's Point for a very small fee. My boat will be unavailable due to scheduled servicing.

Tickets are: $8 advance purchase or $13 on-site.

Just got our advance tickets for April 12 & 13. I will need some help getting the wife interested in a dry suit so I'll need a "plant" in the crowd :) . See you all there.

For a fellow pilot I'll be your plant...

Is your avatar a C150 or C152? The avatar picture is small and hard to tell but looks like it's straight across the wing which should be one or the other.

Actually its a 1964 210D. It goes all over the country. Hoping to point it toward Florida a little more often now that we both dive !

You need a bigger Avatar to suit that plane, the C210's an awesome plane. Sorry about the error, couldn't see it well enough to tell. I'll still back ya though.

Just a reminder that April 12th and 13th are the dates at Table Rock Lake (Dewey Short Visitor's Center) for the DUI dry suit rally.

If you've wanted to know about or dive a dry suit without the pressure to buy, this is a MUST attend event for you! For very little money, the DUI folks will fit you for a dry suit and get you in the water to test dive any or all of the suits they have that will fit you (as long as they are open for diving). No pressure other than at depth! Also, they are not supposed to talk sales at these events.

ScubaSports in Branson has stated that they may be bringing their portable compressor to the site to help ease the burden of the divers attending the event on air fills.

Also, Mike from Sho-Me Scuba in Springfield is supposed to have his boat available to shuttle folks to a few selected dive sites for dry suit or wet suit dives. If you are worried about space, call and schedule your shuttle trip now. He may also have extra tanks available to rent.

The Dewey Short site will be easily silted up, so alternative sites would be great for some of you!
Nearby alternate sites to keep in mind:
Zebulon Pike (now requires boat to access)-Deep Dive near 100ft to bow
Jake's Point-vacuum cleaner and steel doors at 100ft depth directly off the stern of the boat
Enchanted Forest
Moonshine Beach Point-bring frozen peas for the fish
Spillway by Moonshine Beach-look for large catfish he hides well...peas here too

I was wondering how the air fills would go. A portable compressor might not keep up with the demand either. Would we be able to drop off tanks at ScubaSports in the evening, and pick them up in the morning? Just an idea.

Great question. Give their shop a call and ask for details. Louis or Monty should have the info. I have not spoken with them since Louis informed me that he would try to take the portable compressor.

417-334-9073

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom