1,000th Dive on Bonaire- Which dive site would you choose?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

1000th dive is nice. But I would be much more interested in my 1001 dive....

It's just a number. Don't get too excited about it. What if the weather / viz is total crap?

Just keep on diving like the next dive is your last one....Enjoy it, have fun, be satisfied with what it provided.

All true! No debating that.

I always dive like the next dive is my last or reflect on the fact that the last dive might have been my last. I get joy out of diving in a swimming pool and I love training people to dive and I love guiding others on dives -- I just love to dive and be underwater. If my 1,000th coincided with any of those, I'd be just as stoked. The vast majority of my dives have been in 2-10 foot green water visibility in the Pacific NW and I have loved every single one of them.
That being said, sometimes people enjoy celebrating and commemorating things. Birthdays, Anniversaries, Independence Days, No longer a 40 year old virgin day-- whatever ... Personally, I am not that nostalgic- just thought I'd reach out to the Bonaire dive community and get a reading, since I will be there the week after next. Not like I don't have many dives there; but I don't want to be presumptuous and assume I might not learn about something new.

That massive Tarpon in my Avatar Photo was taken while on a night dive on Bari Reef. I will be sensitive to weather and all other conditions before choosing where to dive - that is a given.

Last edited:
That would be very convenient, since I will be staying at a waterfront villa in front of Cliff!

If you get color correction filter gels (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B016Q0BA6A/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1) you can cover your light with blue and cut a yellow one to fit inside your mask. That way you don't have to pay to go on a guided dive. So glad I found out they don't use UV light anymore - just the blue light with a yellow filter.

Dive Friends does their UV night dives at Cliff so it must be good there. Even if you don't do it for your 1000th it might be something to consider for 1001+ or so. I got my light and mask set up for my trip Oct 28 - Nov 4. Can't wait.

Hi @Trailboss123

Any dive on Bonaire would make a fine 1000th dive. I've never planned a milestone dive, but I have celebrated the achievement, congratulations on yours.

Good diving, Craig

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom