1/2 valves

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mirrocraft

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
hello ive been looking for some 1/2 valves either din or yoke im looking for these used or new as long as they are cheap thank everyone for there time

Is that 1/2"?
Tapered or straight thread?
Ebay usually has a variety, but some dive shops keep a bucket of stuff like that, usually sold for scrap brass 'till someone comes in looking for some. Then the price suddenly exceeds that of gold..
If you're really on a budget, old medical O2 valves can be machined out to take a yoke, they're available from the junkyard for around a buck (or two) per pound. They've usually got tapered NGT threads.

well you answered one question for me im wanting tapered threads what im doing is turning old/ new steel tanks in to pony/deco bottle for a 50/50 mix and 100% deco mix i have one now and it works great its low pressure but i can get high pressure tank as well i have the handle on tanks but cant find valve no dive shop in my area its over a few hours away. thank you for your info you where a great help

Sherwood used to run off a batch of 1/2 NPT valves every so often but hasn't for a long time. Since a lot of people want to do the same thing as you, you aren't usually going to find decent 1/2" valves cheap except old style post valves, unless you luck out - the few I have all came with tanks.

BTW converted steel tanks often do not work out well as deco bottles since they tend to be very negative, one more thing to consider before getting too involved in the project.

i use a converted on already with a sherwoos on it it works out for me because it helps me with my dry suit i get to take lead off

Bob, sounds like you know what your talking about................I've got 2 steel 63 tanks, I want to update to k-valve, no problem with one it is a 3/4 neck size, I can use a standard k-valve. The other tank has a 1/2" neck, I need a 1/2" straight(not tapered) thread k-valve. My dive shop tells me they are very clean no problem with hydro & vip, so I do want to follow thru.........I saw a 1/2 straight on ebay recently but it looked very old and worn...........New would be great if it exists or used that looks decent that I can rebuild..................Any thoughts, suggestions..........I don't want to use the tank as a piggy bank!!!! I do have several AL80's but the 63 is a nice change of pace. Jimu jwuleo@aol.com

Back
Top Bottom