1 day in Cozumel - suggestions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was not happy with our dive master. Was a jerk. Perhaps we need to try a good dive shop next time.

Speaking of cruising. I wanted to make you those of you who cruise were aware that we've got a cruise with an excellent dive itenerary almost in our back yard. We're going on the Carnival Triumph Jan 16 from New Orleans to Cozumel, Belize and Roatan. They offer this route about once a month. They have an Alabama resident rate starting at $449 inside/$579 outside/$749 balcony/$1079 suite (per person double occupancy). NCL offers a similar route from New Orleans including Guatemala. Not sure if they have good diving there, but I've done the other ports and the diving was great. If any other scubaboarders go on this, let me know. Maybe we can make diving arrangements together. I'm booking privately in Coz with Alison. I've used her before and was happy. I booked privately before in Belize and Roatan and was happy, but this time I planning to try to ship's offering since I heard good things from those that did use the ship excursions in those ports.

I hope you enjoy Coz more than I did. It was Ok, but nothing like I thought it would be.

I will save my vacation money for Florida Keys. The Keys exceeded my expectations, whereas Coz was kinda disappointing with exception to the beautiful color of the water.

Just my $0.02 worth.
Did you do a shore dive or a boat dive? I know the shore stuff hasn't recovered from Wilma in 2005, but boat diving there has always been outstanding to me. I read you were unhappy with your dive master. What dive op did you use? Did you go out with a ship's excursion?

Dive with Martin is located right at the end of the Cruise ship pier. Small fast boats and they don't charge extra to got to the North or to points past Punta Sur.

Speaking of cruising. I wanted to make you those of you who cruise were aware that we've got a cruise with an excellent dive itenerary almost in our back yard. We're going on the Carnival Triumph Jan 16 from New Orleans to Cozumel, Belize and Roatan. They offer this route about once a month. They have an Alabama resident rate starting at $449 inside/$579 outside/$749 balcony/$1079 suite (per person double occupancy). NCL offers a similar route from New Orleans including Guatemala. Not sure if they have good diving there, but I've done the other ports and the diving was great. If any other scubaboarders go on this, let me know. Maybe we can make diving arrangements together. I'm booking privately in Coz with Alison. I've used her before and was happy. I booked privately before in Belize and Roatan and was happy, but this time I planning to try to ship's offering since I heard good things from those that did use the ship excursions in those ports.

Pam,
That sounds tempting if I weren't on such a crazy travel schedule right now. I guess that I'll just have to settle for Hawaii diving in December. :)
Howard

Sailing on the Carnival Fantasy out of Mobile for Progreso and Cozumel. Leaving 11/21, and my son and I are booked for a 2 tank dive with Alison on 11/24/09. She has been great so far in keeping in contact with me. I can't wait.

Sailing on the Carnival Fantasy out of Mobile for Progreso and Cozumel. Leaving 11/21, and my son and I are booked for a 2 tank dive with Alison on 11/24/09. She has been great so far in keeping in contact with me. I can't wait.

I booked an after Christmas/New Years cruise and booked some more dives with Alison. Her new boat the Maximus is very comfortable. I talked to her about diving sidemount and she was super cooperative in accommodating my request.

When i went i used albatros charters. they are located 1/4 mile from pier behind a restaurant. We booked a 3 tank dive and had about one hour after getting back on shore to get back to the boat. I dove with a shorty and the first dive felt good the second i started to get a chilled and the third i was down right cold.

Tommy - please let me know how things go when you get back. I had lunch today with someone that went on the Fantasy maiden voyage from Mobile but it was the longer route and they were delayed due to Ida. She had a great time and said the ship was wonderful. Have fun!
Mimac

Back
Top Bottom