1 HP Port -- 2 HP Items -- How?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Peter Guy

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Fairly recently someone had a link to a company that makes an adapter to allow two high pressure items work off one HP port.

I have a Titan first stage that has 1 HP port but I want to attach both a transmitter for a Vytec AND a hose for an SPG.

If you know of a place that sells the adapter, please let me know.

Thanks.

(And yes, I've searched but couldn't come up with a search that worked.)

Fairly recently someone had a link to a company that makes an adapter to allow two high pressure items work off one HP port.

I have a Titan first stage that has 1 HP port but I want to attach both a transmitter for a Vytec AND a hose for an SPG.

If you know of a place that sells the adapter, please let me know.

Thanks.

(And yes, I've searched but couldn't come up with a search that worked.)

I use a Deepoutdoors HP Y-adapter on my Titan LX ( Deepoutdoors.com, check under Hardware / Gas Management / High Pressure Y-adapter

Upgrade to a 1st stage with two HP ports, drilling and trying to put two things on one HP port sounds like a "MMCF" waiting to happen.

^ Funny...divers several decades ago used to do it all the time.

Thanks everyone. I was able to get a high-pressure "T" from a local shop and installed it on my Titan. It seems to work fine even though, yes, it does add two new "failure points" to my rig (Yes, I will die [sometime]). I'll just say I like having the pressure info on my wrist (on the "dashboard").

^ Funny...divers several decades ago used to do it all the time.

If you are referring about drilling and tapping a new port, some might have done in some regulators, but not all geometries will lend itself to it. The air passage for HP port on a Titan has tricky passage, not just a strait drilling.

I have modified regulator and re-designed first stages, etc., but I can also do the engineering analysis to back my modifications. These are simple devices, it doesn't require an engineering degree to re-design or modify them, but still working with high pressure pneumatics is not something that should be taken lightly.

What Peter Guy is doing, is IMO, the best way to do it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom