10 day 5 island Bahama live a board Jan 4 to Jan 13

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

idivetrain

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Want to get away to a warm tropical place in the midst of winter? I have chartered a 65 foot sailboat thru lost island voyages. This trip is an all inclusive live a board that provides everything right down to alcohol. Only cost to you is travel to Nassau Bahamas, one nights hotel stay, crew tip, and nitrox if you want to use it. Here is the information on the trip:

The adventure begins in Nassau where you will fly into then onto the Exumas or Eleuthera with stopovers to check out the diving.

Then onto Cat Island which feels like the heart of the Bahamas. The people are very friendly and so proud of their homeland that it was fun going ashore just to walk around and meet them. It has the highest point in the Bahamas with a monastery at the top of Mt Alvernia. Actually, it is now a museum and the climb up to it was great with the vista in the background making great photo ops!

Then onto Little San Salvador, which is a cruise ship destination. While the cruise ships are exploring the one side of the island, we dive on the barrier reef on the other side with average depths at about 60?

Then finally onto Conception with fantastic wall dives, an unspoiled island (imagine Bimini if no one ever lived there) and gorgeous beaches. Exploring the lagoon alone made it worth the trip since it is nursery to myriads of reef fish, turtles and home to Brutus the megalithic Barracuda. Imagine yourself climbing a rocky promontory on the southern tip of Conception Island, sharing your perch with an abandoned Osprey nest, while you gaze out over an Ocean with nothing between you and Spain except San Salvador.
Now doesnt that sound nice!!! The boat only takes 12 people, so it is not crowded. Check out their website and see how nice the boat is. You can contact me by email or by phone if you are interested in this trip. Dont delay too long as spaces are limited. You can reach me by email at divingbunny @ msn.com or by phone at 260-432-9005.
Thanks and happy diving
Shelly

This post implys that this is a free trip to anyone who shows up.

The only cost is getting to you nitrox and tip

This post implys that this is a free trip to anyone who shows up.

The only cost is getting to you nitrox and tip

I read it the same way. We can all dream I guess, but alas I emailed Shelly and she let me know the price is $1690.00 pp.

OOPS!! Sorry about that. Yes, the price is $1690.00 per person. The boat only takes 12 passengers so you are not over crowded. Sorry about that.
Thanks
Shelly

Maybe I'm just blind (which is entirely possible), but who is the company and what is the website?

Lost Island Voyages, there wasn't a website given, however I believe it is www.lostislandvoyages.com
The charter company was typed in lower case, so it was hard to find.

For those who are going have a great time....:depressed:

I have been on two trips with Lost Island Voyages. Both were great!! Great crew and boat I hope all of you have an awesome time!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom