10 days aboard a private yacht in the exumas...suggestions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I lived and cruised my boat in the Exumas for 10 years while diving and also ran a dive boat out of Georgetown on Exuma. What do you need?

Do you want blue holes? Are you qualified to dive them?
Are you going to be freediving and spearfishing?
Will you be going down to Conception? Great wall diving.
Will you be going down to the Jumentos Cays?

I want to join the I hate Jay club as well at this point. Temps got above freezing today for the first time in a couple weeks....

But, I hope you enjoyed your trip and all that pleasantry stuff.

Did you happen to go buy the old Exuma Cay Club while you were there. About 25 years ago...my gosh...it's been 25 years since that trip.....I went on a bare boat dealy with a professor from school and a bunch of people for two weeks in the Bahamas. We stopped there for a day, one of neatest places we saw. Abandoned, but I can't imagine how great a place it would have been if they could have figured out how to make it work financially.

I've always wondered if anyone ever did anything with it and how it looks now. I googled it and it says it is part of a preserve or something now. Once of those places I'd love to get back to.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom