10 days in Fiji

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

k4kafka

Contributor
Reaction score
In the planning stage of a 10-11 day dive trip to Fiji. Departing from LAX to Nadi.Although my flight arrives in Nadi, I want to see as much as possible during my stay. I am researching flights from Nadi to Suva to dive Beqa lagoon. Anyone offering "real-life" advice for this itinerary will be welcome. My travel plans are flexible as to land-based resorts and live-aboards. Travel will ideally commence in early October 2017.

I did a trip to Fiji in 2007 and flew Air New Zealand on the leg from LAX to Nadi. I highly recommend Air New Zealand. Once in Fiji, the remainder of the trip was on the Nia'a. Luck of the draw, the weather was horrible and it impacted the diving. The crew of the boat went out of their way to do what they could to ensure that we had the best conditions that were available. In short, they worked tirelessly to get us the best vacation that the conditions allowed. If you are considering a live aboard, the Nai'a should definitely be one of the options that you should consider.

In the planning stage of a 10-11 day dive trip to Fiji. Departing from LAX to Nadi.Although my flight arrives in Nadi, I want to see as much as possible during my brief stay. I am researching flights from Nadi to Suva to dive Beqa lagoon. Anyone offering "real-life" advice for this itinerary will be welcome. My travel plans are flexible as to land-based resorts and live-aboards. Travel will ideally commence in early October 2017.

I did a trip to Fiji in 2007 and flew Air New Zealand on the leg from LAX to Nadi. I highly recommend Air New Zealand. Once in Fiji, the remainder of the trip was on the Nia'a. Luck of the draw, the weather was horrible and it impacted the diving. The crew of the boat went out of their way to do what they could to ensure that we had the best conditions that were available. In short, they worked tirelessly to get us the best vacation that the conditions allowed. If you are considering a live aboard, the Nai'a should definitely be one of the options that you should consider.
Hoag,
Thank you for your reply. I did research Nai'a, but their boats were fully booked for the time frame I am seeking.

Also...forgot to mention, I will be traveling alone...which can get expen$ive when booking a "single-suppliment" live-aboard and AI resorts.

These live aboards and day trips, are they usually based in Nadi?

How far away from Nadi would one have to go to get to some wonderful dive sites?

I've just started researching this for a possible trip to Fiji. any helpful advice would be appreciated.

Update.
My original 10-day trip to Fiji has now expanded to 17-days in-country. Looking at three areas of interest, Beqa Lagoon,Kadavu and then up to Taveuni. I have also opted to spend the extra ca$h to fly business class from LAX to NAN. If I'm going to be in an airplane for 11+ hours with my 272 fellow travelers, I want some s-p-a-c-e, should I choose to,...you know...sleep. Yes, it's expen$ive, but at my age, well worth it not to arrive at my final destination a total wreck,..and possibly sick.

Your trip update sounds good. Expanding your trip 17 days gives your a lot more options and makes for a more relaxing vacation.

My apologies for thread drift - where are the best locations for healthy reefs, schooling fish, and pelagics in Fiji. Our visit will be in late April or May. We are comfortable in remote areas and currents. Prefer land-based. resorts.

Your trip update sounds good. Expanding your trip 17 days gives your a lot more options and makes for a more relaxing vacation.

My apologies for thread drift - where are the best locations for healthy reefs, schooling fish, and pelagics in Fiji. Our visit will be in late April or May. We are comfortable in remote areas and currents. Prefer land-based. resorts.

I'm interested in the same thing...big stuff rather than soft coral. Also will do land-based rather that live-aboard as I am traveling solo.

Back
Top Bottom