10HP 3ph electric motor from Bauer compressor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TravisD

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Any interest in the 10HP 3ph motor from a ca. 2001 13.5cfm Bauer compressor? It's the original Toshiba motor that came with the compressor. Compressor has a total of about 3700 hours on it, but a part of that time was spent with a 1ph motor running it (which is what I have it running on now).

Ran perfectly before I converted it - was set up to run on 480v, but can also run on 230/208v with the usual wiring changes.

I'm located near Baltimore, MD (USA) (about an hour away actually). I doubt it's worth shipping, nor do I want to deal with that for something that can probably be had locally whatever that means to you
🙂
I will also be up at Beneath The Sea in March (New Jersey).

Cash and carry (maybe 'carry' isn't the right word here...this thing is heavy!)
No sheave, but does have the mounting plate. For the right price and an easy deal, I'll throw in the contactor/overload too!

$300? Open to offers?

3ph Motor Overall.png

3ph Motor Dataplate.png

Any interest in the 10HP 3ph motor from a ca. 2001 13.5cfm Bauer compressor? It's the original Toshiba motor that came with the compressor. Compressor has a total of about 3700 hours on it, but a part of that time was spent with a 1ph motor running it (which is what I have it running on now).

Ran perfectly before I converted it - was set up to run on 480v, but can also run on 230/208v with the usual wiring changes.

I'm located near Baltimore, MD (USA) (about an hour away actually). I doubt it's worth shipping, nor do I want to deal with that for something that can probably be had locally whatever that means to you
🙂
I will also be up at Beneath The Sea in March (New Jersey).

Cash and carry (maybe 'carry' isn't the right word here...this thing is heavy!)
No sheave, but does have the mounting plate. For the right price and an easy deal, I'll throw in the contactor/overload too!

$300? Open to offers?

View attachment 826695

View attachment 826696
Travis, I may be interested. What’s that bad boy weigh? And how close to Bowie are you?
Steve

Steve, I'm like an hour from Bowie. If you're worried about transporting it, I could probably be convinced to drive it down there. It weighs a f^@($#$ lot, but two people can move it. I managed to lift the 1ph variant into my truck by myself, I haven't tried the 3ph to see if it's over my limit. Worse case on my end I use the front-end loader on my tractor to pick it up.

Steve, I'm like an hour from Bowie. If you're worried about transporting it, I could probably be convinced to drive it down there. It weighs a f^@($#$ lot, but two people can move it. I managed to lift the 1ph variant into my truck by myself, I haven't tried the 3ph to see if it's over my limit. Worse case on my end I use the front-end loader on my tractor to pick it up.
the 3ph will be lighter for reference, 10hp fast motors like that are usually around 120lbs, similar to a set of filled double 104's. Not light by any means, but not egregious. Will be 10-20lbs lighter than the 1ph

Good to know! when I swapped motors out I used some simple machines and a handy ceiling joist to lift the 3ph off the compressor frame to minimize chances of dropping it on something expensive.

And I appreciate the reminder on why I've avoided getting into diving doubles so far in my diving career...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom