11/23 Maui pics

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Good excercise! It was photos just like these that first convinced me that I could get great photos with just a good camera and housing. I'm sure we have some beginners who will be glad to see these!

Glad to see you back in your home waters.

Boy, does that ever sum me up. Jim, it's stuff like this that helps us newbies learn by example. Lesson learned!...and thanks again for your earlier reply.

Gilligan:
My strobe is fine. Thanks for asking. It was a deliberate exercise.

Oh to have a place like that to exercise :)

frogfish:
Gilligan - Curious about the size of the ray: it looks very small or is it just perspective ?
Nice pictures by the way: I now now I can sell my strobe and travel lighter !

I think it was the photos perspective as it was not that small of a Manta. But then again that's all relative as it was small compared to the ones I saw in Yap. I'll have to guess and say this one was about 10 feet across.

I just whimper when I see your pictures....The Manta might not be as big as the ones in Yap, but the water clarity is MUCH MUCH better in Maui. Great as always...whimper whimper....

Amazing color depth without any strobes.....I'll have to try manual white balance and no strobes on my next trip...whenever that is :06:

Karl

Awesome pictures Jim..thanks. Ok..wish me luck, i'm heading to Nassau, Bahamas on Sat. am. i'm truly hoping I can get some descent shots..at least a couple i'll be happy with. I now have a strobe and hope i can be able to adjust to it, and to been able to set all the F stops right.

Scuba65:
Awesome pictures Jim..thanks. Ok..wish me luck, i'm heading to Nassau, Bahamas on Sat. am. i'm truly hoping I can get some descent shots..at least a couple i'll be happy with. I now have a strobe and hope i can be able to adjust to it, and to been able to set all the F stops right.

53.gif

Have a safe and pixel prosperous trip.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom