1200 HD advice needed please - photos blurry

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Indigo Scuba Africa

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hi

I have managed to take some great video with the Sea & Sea 1200 HD but do not seem to be able to crack taking photos!

I am shooting on Programme mode, 400 ISO and adjust my white balance myself using a white slate.

My photos of students doing their pool sessions are really disappointing with blurry movements (arms / legs / hands) - whatever is moving on the divers at the time.

I don't want to use a flash and I am about 1 - 2m away from the subjects. The lighting is good with bright lighting in the pool. Even on the surface the photos are blurry where there is any motion.

The shutter speed seems to be too slow.

Any idea what setting I should change this to? I am really getting frustrated.

Thanks for any help you can give me

:depressed:

HI-
Suggested quick settings: WB to cloudy, ISO to max 200. You can play with the EV (Exposure value) to adjust for conditions. It's always recommended to use a strobe for proper lighting, or the on-board flash on land. The result without is what you are getting.
Also, are you locking the AF by half pressing the shutter button prior to capturing the image? This will give best results.

Hi there

Thanks for these suggestions. WB to cloudy does not correct the WB underwater and the photos turn out too blue.

After a few more sessions, I have discovered the following:

Shoot on 800, multi meter, AF. No flash. Adjust the EV if necessary to correct brightness.

The photos are turning out a whole lot better.

Thanks for the feedback!

Kate

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom