1200HD problem

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

alibi 2

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I just got the 1200 HD camera and housing with strobe. I havent had it to the water yet but charged the battery and have tried practicing some shots around the house with it..I'm familular with digital cameras and own 3.

The 1200 seems basic and easy to use but in the short time of using it Im having issues with it. Most photos are blurry. The camera won't hold its focus. Twice the camera has totally locked up on me and I have had to remove and reinstall the battery to resolve the issue..the first time I tried a continous shot it the camera locked up...the second time it worked however your not allowed to use this mode of operation while in Sea and Sea mode to shoot underwater.

The battery died after shooting less that 30 photos. I'm wondering if others are having problems or if I just got a defective camera. I'm going by the scuba shop later and will try one of the other cameras....I hate having problems this early with a new camera, it makes me leery of the product..

I just bought a 1200 HD. I have had it one day. I will play with it and let you know what I find.

Fishfin

I just got the 1200 HD camera and housing with strobe. I havent had it to the water yet but charged the battery and have tried practicing some shots around the house with it..I'm familular with digital cameras and own 3.

The 1200 seems basic and easy to use but in the short time of using it Im having issues with it. Most photos are blurry. The camera won't hold its focus. Twice the camera has totally locked up on me and I have had to remove and reinstall the battery to resolve the issue..the first time I tried a continous shot it the camera locked up...the second time it worked however your not allowed to use this mode of operation while in Sea and Sea mode to shoot underwater.

The battery died after shooting less that 30 photos. I'm wondering if others are having problems or if I just got a defective camera. I'm going by the scuba shop later and will try one of the other cameras....I hate having problems this early with a new camera, it makes me leery of the product..

We have been using one of these here at the shop for well over 3 months now. To be honest, I think it is one of the best point and shoot camera we have ever used. The stills are good quality and the video is absolutely clean. Take it back to your dealer. I am sure that Sea & Sea will make you good.

Phil Ellis
www.divesports.com

The 1200HD due to 3" LCD and video capabilities drain the Li-Ion battery faster than a typical point-shoot camera. The Li-Ion batteries to perform at best, should be fully charged for 12 hours once drained. Also, it is highly recommended to carry/purchase at least 2 spare batteries for trips or to have handy, not just for the 1200 but for any camera.
If there are other issues such as focus, lockup or other please return it to your dealer for consult and we'll certainly do everything to get it evaluated and/or replaced asap.

How long should the battery last while continuously shooting video at 720p?

There are several variables that factor into battery life with cameras, these include type of memory card, zoom in/out usage, flash usage, LCD monitor usage, battery cell charge at start of session and more. So, with that said the 1200 should have an ESTIMATED battery life from 100%full charge of Li-Ion cell to auto power off of 50-65 minutes as factory tested. This, is however, an estimate and may not reflect actual usage due to above variables.

The 1200HD due to 3" LCD and video capabilities drain the Li-Ion battery faster than a typical point-shoot camera. The Li-Ion batteries to perform at best, should be fully charged for 12 hours once drained. Also, it is highly recommended to carry/purchase at least 2 spare batteries for trips or to have handy, not just for the 1200 but for any camera.
If there are other issues such as focus, lockup or other please return it to your dealer for consult and we'll certainly do everything to get it evaluated and/or replaced asap.

I have had a chance to test out the camera. The camera most definetly has focus issues. All of my pictures come out blurry. I can look through the LCD when it is trying to focus and watch it go past the focus point (where it was clear) and settle at a unfocused point. I like everything else about the camera, but it is unusable in its current state.

I called Sea & Sea support nd talked to Jim. We were unable to resolve the issue. I advised them that I was leaving for the Fla Keys on Sunday, and the regular support schedule woud not do. They offered and did send me a new camera, next day delivery. They said to send the old camera back in the same box that the new one came in.
I received the new camera today and tested it and it works fine.

Kudos to Jim in Support and to Sea & sea for great service and warranty support.

Fishfin

I just purchased this unit and i am having the same problem with focus. I watch it go past the focus and the picture is blurry.

I have purchased this camera for the HD video capability mainly, i also have the w/a and close-up lenses for this kit. Normally use a Nikon D300 in a MDX housing. My problem is as follows, in shooting video the video jerks in every 10-7 seconds its like a bad case of stuttering which lasts 2-3 frames. i tried to shoot in HD normal, fine and super fine qualities. Same thing happens, only slightly less noticeable in normal quality.

Video works fine with TV resolution, i have a 8 GB Toshiba SDHC card which is fairly fast. So what may be the cause of this problem.

Thank you in advance & Best Regards,

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom