12yr old wants to dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scnative

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My girlfriends daughter wants to learn to dive. I have a good relationship with my local dive shop and know the instructors well, so I am all for it. Our plan is to enroll her in classes locally(I'll also add a certification while she does the class so I can be in the pool with her) and then complete her ow certification in the Florida Keys. We are on the east coast so the Keys present a resonably close destinations, with many shallow dives, and tropical/warm water environment. However, I have never dove in the keys and am unfamiliar with any dives shops there. Can anyone recommend a dive op that is patient, accomodating to a 12yr old(shallow <60ft dives), perferrably in the upper keys?

My girlfriends daughter wants to learn to dive. I have a good relationship with my local dive shop and know the instructors well, so I am all for it. Our plan is to enroll her in classes locally(I'll also add a certification while she does the class so I can be in the pool with her) and then complete her ow certification in the Florida Keys. We are on the east coast so the Keys present a resonably close destinations, with many shallow dives, and tropical/warm water environment. However, I have never dove in the keys and am unfamiliar with any dives shops there. Can anyone recommend a dive op that is patient, accomodating to a 12yr old(shallow <60ft dives), perferrably in the upper keys?
i HAVE HEARD REALLY GOOD THINGS ABOUT SILENT WORLD IN KEY LARGO THEY HAVE A WEB SITE AND LIST THE SITES THEY DIVE AND INCLUDE DEPTH ETC. I AM DOING MY CERTIFICATION THERE IN DECEMBER AND ON THE PHONE THEY HAVE BEEN WONDERFUL. IF YOU SEARCH THE THREADS HERE YOU WILL FIND A LOT OF PEOPLE GIVING THEM A RAVE REVIEW
GOOD LUCK

Designer you are correct. Chris runs an excellent buisness :) Highly recommended!

Greetings scnative and welcome to SB! It is great to hear of your girlfriends daughters interest as well as yours to. Diving is an awesome thing to share with others and an all out blast to work with kids.
I think if you tried posting in the Regional Travel and Dive Club forum here on SB, in particular US "Florida Conch Divers" I think you will get lots of response as well as some LDS who would be helpful.
My 12 year old is just starting out to, try a discover scuba if you have not yet. That really sealed the deal for her. It helped her get through the academics!
Good luck and I have heard Key Largo rocks! Safe diving to your family!
CamG Keep diving....keep training....keep learning!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom