1300.00 and no Dive Trip destination HELP!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rcapilli

Registered
Reaction score
We were going to Bonaire this year, flying Jamacia Airlines untill it came to a hault. Evidently the Jamacian decided that their planes would not fly to Bonaire anymore and route all traffic to Jamica for more tourism. So we decided to go to Curacal.. Well, that did not work either cause there is a 5 minute layover in Jamacia, thus not giving us a change to make the connecting flight and forcing us to spend money in Jamacia for food and hotel etc... So here is the delimma, 1300.00 per person and no dive destination. I know many of you have dove some beautiful places around the world and I would like your input. I've been to Mexico, so I'm not interested in Cosmel or Cancun. Where are some places I can look at that are around 1300 per person? Please help me out. Thanks everyone. I truly appreciate your feedback.

With repect and gratitude,
Rob-

rcapilli:
We were going to Bonaire this year, flying Jamacia Airlines untill it came to a hault. Evidently the Jamacian decided that their planes would not fly to Bonaire anymore and route all traffic to Jamica for more tourism. So we decided to go to Curacal.. Well, that did not work either cause there is a 5 minute layover in Jamacia, thus not giving us a change to make the connecting flight and forcing us to spend money in Jamacia for food and hotel etc... So here is the delimma, 1300.00 per person and no dive destination. I know many of you have dove some beautiful places around the world and I would like your input. I've been to Mexico, so I'm not interested in Cosmel or Cancun. Where are some places I can look at that are around 1300 per person? Please help me out. Thanks everyone. I truly appreciate your feedback.

With repect and gratitude,
Rob-

Not sure where you are originating so I'm not sure of the costs involved, but on my list of places to go in the Carribbean include

Tobago
Saba
Turks and Caicos
Dominica

Been to Belize, it was nice. Even had stuff to do ABOVE the water! :11:

Hi Rob and welcome to the board.

As this is a world wide board, it would be helpful if we knew where you live, at least the state or region. To answer your question, the Bahamas and the Florida Keys come to mind. Also, American Airlines flies to Curacao nonstop from Miami. I love Bonaire and go there every year but due to the airline mess, decided not to go this year and am going to Curacao instead. If you can get to Miami, then you may be able to make the Curacao flight with a reasonable layover.
If you are not in any hurry to make plans, Bonaire may not be out. There are at least 2 parties that I know of working on alternative plans for air into Bonaire and from what I hear, there should be an announcement soon. If you can wait a month or 2 to make plans, that might be worth waiting on. If you are interested I can give you details on where to keep up with the plans.

From Georgia you can get the AA flights to Bonaire out of San Juan PR. You should be able to get there all in one afternoon as there's a 5:50PM departure to BON.

Thought about Cayman? We flew from AZ, with a 2br. Condo and 4 days of boatdiving, it only cost us about $1800 for the week. Food is really high though. Some of the best diving you'll ever see.

I think you can go to the Divi Cayman Brac for $999. (double 7 days), then check Cayman Airways for their specials. You can maybe get your budget, it depends where you fly from.

My Dive shop is running a trip to Cozumel in July....$825 (double occupancy) included an all inclusive meal/drink plan and 15 dives for 7 days. You'd need to get your own airfare, but if you are interested in diving Cozumel, visit my diveshop's website:http://www.aquatrek.biz

Meg :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom