14-15 JUN Cooper River Trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

One/two seat(s) open for Saturday (14th - three tank), two seats open for
Sunday (15th - three tank) on Cooper River fossil (megalodon/shark teeth) hunting
dives.

Boat leaves from dock in Goose Creek, South Carolina.

If interested contact patrick@wishyouwereherediving.com for additional
information.

I had a great time with Pat and the rest of the guys diving. I did the dive with Johnny from COOPERRIVERDIVERCHARTERS.com on Saturday and it was excellent. He knows all the great spots and puts us right on top of the teeth. He can also identify pretty muich anything that comes out of the river. He has a great boat and can get you out to the dive spots in no time at all...No one came out of the water empty handed. Here are a couple of pics from my finds. I found the piece of petrified wood there too and I think it looks cool with the teeth sitting on top of it. One of the Megs is from Venice but the rest were found in the Cooper. Most of them are not perfect but some guys did find some real nice ones during this trip. Enjoy the pics and if this sort of thing interests you give cooperriverdivecharters a try!!

DSC04777.JPG

DSC04774.JPG

Last edited:
it is pretty easy to spot the venice meg... It is a shame most of the mare full of sea creatures and coral. They are a PITA to clean.

Man, what a BLAST! For those reading this thread who didn't go, y'all missed out!

Patrick, thanks for putting it all together. I'm looking forward to the opportunity to dive with you and Capt. Johnny again. Although I hated not being able to dive with y'all on Sunday, hanging out with the wife in Charleston wasn't bad either. I can't remember ever eating that good anywhere else.

For those of you who haven't made a dive in the Cooper, you're missing a lifetime experience. It takes a little getting used to but the rewards make it well worth it. There's no telling what you're going to find down there; and Patrick and Capt. Johnny are real good at letting you know what your treasure is.

Here's a pic of the booty spread out at the homestead:

DSC01678.jpg

There's a couple of quarters in the picture for scale. That's a big towel.

DSC01680.jpg

DSC01683.jpg

Also, I didn't show this off on the boat because I didn't realize what I had. My buddy just told me it's part of a Native American necklace:

DSC01686.jpg

Thanks for the great time!

Dang Jake I thought that was one of those Indian Love Making Stones... I got one too... i had a blast and I know you did too!! Looks like you got a better haul than Gary Smith did too...hope he posts too...ltake care

Last edited:
No kidding, you found one too? I was thinking it was a fossilized tube worm hole or something, but my buddy swears that it's a piece of jewelry. He's got a lot more artifacts than I have so I'm going to assume he's right.

If Gators is still open in Jax, enjoy some all you can eat grilled buffalo wings for me. Man I miss that place!

You know 8251reefer & recoiljunky for a squid and a former squid you guys are alright. (shhh, don't tell anyone I said that) It is just too bad that you two could not get a kitchen pass for the wife to dive the second day. The Gary's both found arrowheads and Gary S. found deer antlers, horse teeth, canine teeth and his usual oversized haul.

I am glad that you had the chance to come and splash with us. It looks like you guys did alright with the booty haul. I will post pics of my stuff as soon as I download them from the camera.

If anyone is interested in booking a charter (one person or six) here is the contact info:

Cooper River Dive Charters
(843) 296-3344
www.cooperriverdiving.com

It takes 4 divers to make the boat go. But if you do not have 4 divers call them anyway. CRDC keeps track of less than full charters and matches up divers to make full charters. So even if you are just one or two divers give them a call.

Tell Captain Johnny that Patrick sent you.

Dang Jake I thought that was one of those Indian Love Making Stones... I got one too... i had a blast and I know you did too!! Looks like you got a better haul than Gary Smith did too...hope he posts too...ltake care

I had a great time diving with you guys. The Cooper is a blast! We hit it as often as possible.

As for beating me out on the largest haul...lol... I'll post pictures later tonight.

On day one I found a ton of teeth and the Native American scraping tool.

Day two found even more teeth, but not just shark, a wolf tooth, 3 horse/camel teeth, an arrow head, and even a good portion of a clay pipe!

Again, loved diving with you guys and hope to see you all in October!

Gary

:)
I had a great time diving with you guys. The Cooper is a blast! We hit it as often as possible.

As for beating me out on the largest haul...lol... I'll post pictures later tonight.

On day one I found a ton of teeth and the Native American scraping tool.

Day two found even more teeth, but not just shark, a wolf tooth, 3 horse/camel teeth, an arrow head, and even a good portion of a clay pipe!

Again, loved diving with you guys and hope to see you all in October!

Gary

Alright, here is a pic...

tn_100_0758.jpg

There is a complete gallery here.

I will seperate out some of the nicer teeth when I get a chance and take some better pictures.

Gary

Last edited:
:)

Alright, here is a pic...

http://www.eastcoastdiverllc.com/Pics/June 14-15 Cooper Trip/100_0758.jpg

There is a complete gallery here.

I will seperate out some of the nicer teeth when I get a chance and take some better pictures.

Gary

Cool finds. I still found more stuff then you did on Saturday though. :mooner:

How 'bout some more pics of the antler? It looks like it was shed. I'd like to see some pics of the other end (the end that was not attached to the skull at one time.)

Back
Top Bottom