15 Eagle Rays Yesterday!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was on the same dive as greylion and it was AMAZING!!! San Juan was our second dive and it was really beautiful. I've never seen an actual field of heather, but that's what I picture it looking like in my mind.

Eagle Rays are my favorite creatures in the Cozumel waters. Just spectacular. I won't be there again until late May and am truly saddened to know they will have migrated away from the island by then :(

It helps (but only a little bit) to at least see the pics of rays in this thread......

Saw 15 this morning on the first dive at San Juan. I can't believe how many we are seeing so late in the year.

I get so excited seeing a group of 3 or 4 that I can't imagine what I'd do if I saw a group of 30 or 40. Probably swallow my reg. :D

ha! that's a good one, swallow your reg. I'd say pee my pants but that's normal down under the water. :rofl3:

That would be an amazing sight! Glad you're having a good trip! :D

In all those pictures the rays all have their wings in the same position. Do they flap their wings in sync with each other? Personally, I've only seen one (Grand Cayman). That is so cool!!!!

2 weeks ago we saw a squadron of 15 Spotted Eagle Rays on the C-56 north of PDC. They stayed around the wreck for our entire dive. We had seen them on a previous dive to the wreck but they did not stay around the first time.

Here's a link of the Rays we saw with Christy at Cantarell on Sunday, just incredible. Thanks again Christy.

Hi Martha!

Jim and Sue's Pictures :: Untitled

Jim

You captured some AWESOME shots Jim!!! Thanks so much for sharing! It was a great afternoon and great fun diving with you, Maggie, Richard, Dan and Martha!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom