18' Pacific Dory dive boat for sale

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Eric Sedletzky

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
For sale:

18' Custom built pacific dory. Plywood and fiberglass construction (glassply)
Completed in 1999.
Glen-L Marine Designs pattern (Little Hunk Dory). Classic styled northern dory with high upswept bow and high flaring sides designed for rough water in the ocean or rivers, or both.

Asking $5000.00 or reasonable offer.

Features:

60 HP Yamaha Enduro 2 stroke (bulletfroof motor).
Galvanized trailer.
12' trailer tongue extention for river launching or surf launching (keeps tow vehicle high and dry).
Completely set up for hoisting (comes with all straps for hoisting off pier into water).
Full walk around deck with lot's of deck space.
Storage hatches under raised deck to store extra scuba cylinders or all other gear.
Stainless steel tank rack holds up to eight tanks/assembled rigs.
Full console with hidden fuel tank (19 gal. capacity).
VHF radio.
Motor has custom made kelp knife on front leading edge of lower end (slices right through kelp like it's not even there)
Custom made fluke anchor with 30' of chain and 300 feet of 5/8" anchor line.
Boat can handle four divers comfortably with full gear.
Comes with extras like PFD's, dock lines, fenders, hoist strap/harness system, etc.
Boat has use marks but is a work/dive boat. Wood is solid as the day it was made with no problems.
Very rugged well thought out boat.

Serious inquiries only please.

Call Eric at:
(707) 538-1276 office
(707) 318-2577 cell

Attachments

• 022.jpg
    022.jpg
    421.3 KB · Views: 1,389
  • 024.jpg
    024.jpg
    421.5 KB · Views: 998
  • 020.jpg
    020.jpg
    416.3 KB · Views: 1,024
  • 026.jpg
    026.jpg
    415 KB · Views: 770
  • 027.jpg
    027.jpg
    405.7 KB · Views: 968
  • 014.jpg
    014.jpg
    409.1 KB · Views: 805
  • 016.jpg
    016.jpg
    402.1 KB · Views: 750
  • 021.jpg
    021.jpg
    430.6 KB · Views: 926
Nice boat. As a kid, I worked on 21' dories trolling commercially for salmon out of Pacific City, Oregon. We'd launch and land right on the beach through the surf. Pretty cool stuff when you're 12.

I don't believe that is stitch-and-glue construction.

I don't think his is, but I just came across a site where they are using stick-and-glue on 20+ foot boats. I think one was a 27'.

Never the less, pretty damned cool! I wish I had the space to even attempt to build one.

I don't think his is, but I just came across a site where they are using stick-and-glue on 20+ foot boats. I think one was a 27'.

Never the less, pretty damned cool! I wish I had the space to even attempt to build one.

This boat has frames and hard chines with longitudinal stringers.

There are stitch and glue designs out there but most over a certain size require an interior structure as part of the overall strength of the vessel. Frames, like my boat, allow for an open deck design.

What kind of speed and range do you generally get with this boat?

Thanks!

I have a 13 pitch prop on it now which gives a top end about 25 MPH. I also have a 15 pitch which takes it up to about 34 MPH. This of course is with me alone in the boat with minimal weight.
But realistically traveling in the ocean around here, 15 to 20 MPH is the norm, so I leave the 13 pitch prop on it - better low end torque and out of the hole power.

Range is about 60 - 80 miles I'm guessing depending on weight and sea conditions.

Back
Top Bottom