180 degree diving mask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WetSEAL

Contributor
Reaction score
I don't like having my peripheral vision constrained by my mask. I'm currently using an Aqualung Mission Midi which fits well, and claims to have a wide field of view, but it's nowhere near my field of view out of the water.

Has anyone tried this new 180 degree mask?
180 Diving Mask

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3zgZoKY5tk

It looks like it could be a game changer, so I have to wonder why everyone isn't using them. I can't even find any reviews. The product was previously for sale on LeisurePro but no longer, but you can still buy it direct from the manufacturer...

Last edited:
Hmm. I wouldn't bet on the scratch-resistant polycarbonate lens remaining scratch free for long under hard usage.

I am curious about this mask as well. Mine is okay, but has a slow leak around my upper lip (razor stubble I'm sure), so I'm thinking of trying another. The viewing angle looks awesome and I'm pretty easy on my gear.

Might be worth trying I guess. I'd like to hear from others who have tried it before plopping down that much cash. Hopefully it works a lot better than masks with side windows. I've got one of those and it's awful.

Looks like it might not be a low volume mask. Probably cannot get prescription. For those of us who wear glasses we are used to loosing part of the peripheral vision.

This is what I have used for the last 50 years: Wraparound - Aqua Lung US - Recreational and Professional Scuba Diving Gear - It's got as near 180° as my eyes will do looking straight ahead. A wee bit better if I glance to the side. The mask lenses are glass (?tempered?). Neither of my old masks have any scratches. One is ancient and the silicone finally gave out. The other is still good.

I just recently bought my third one so I could have prescription lens put in a brand new one. The last one is still good but I didn't want to put custom prescription lenses in an older mask.

Last edited:
I sent an email to the mfg this morning, but have not received a reply. I don't have my hopes up.

This is what I have used for the last 50 years: Wraparound - Aqua Lung US - Recreational and Professional Scuba Diving Gear - It's got as near 180° as my eyes will do looking straight ahead. A wee bit better if I glance to the side. The mask lenses are glass (?tempered?). Neither of my old masks have any scratches. One is ancient and the silicone finally gave out. The other is still good.

I just recently bought my third one so I could have prescription lens put in a brand new one. The last one is still good but I didn't want to put custom prescription lenses in an older mask.

That one looks familiar. Oh, yeah, it's on my avatar.

Then there is this, also plastic lens, but low volume:
Aqua Lung Sphera Mask

s173824178223074777_p14_i6_w1280.jpe

Hmm. According to 180 Diving Mask, "the AAK 180 Diving Mask (above) is the first single lens peripheral vision mask that frees your eyes to an immense under water world."

So how does this claim square with the presence 58 years ago of the single-lens wraparound Aqua-lung Professional Dive mask below in the 1960 US Divers catalogue, which can be viewed in full after following the "Manuals and Catalogs" link on the Vintage Double Hose - Index page?
Aqua-Lung_Professional_2.jpg

Last edited:
Neither the Sphera nor the 180 would allow prescription lenses to be fitted. That's important for old fogies like me.

Back
Top Bottom