1966 Conshelf with original o-rings works perfect!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow I can't imagine running air tools off of my breathing regulator!

The Second stage does indeed have a black exhaust valve.

The catalog page is fun! Thank you for posting it.

Do you have a better resolution of the performance chart?

I have 5 conshelf 1st stages at the moment, only 2 second stages unfortunately. I love them. Some people claim that the SP balanced piston firsts breath better, but I haven't found that in my experience.

More photos of the unit with the neck strap this weekend.

Guy
:)

The original diaphragms and exhaust valves were neoprene rubber which is stiffer than most silicone, especially as the neoprene ages. Silicone is almost forever in practical terms. I would replace the mouthpiece with a new one and all rubber parts as available. The silicone grey diaphragms and the clear or yellow silicone exhaust valves perform much better.

Funny about the neck strap. Nowadays techie divers use a necklace on their secondary, we, in the olden days removed the necklace because it interfered with buddy breathing :wink:.

N

Here's a better copy of the Conshelf XII Regulator Performance Chart you requested. But now I've gotten into my files, pulled things out, and have to do some cleaning up. :wink: This program reduced the size from 2+ MB to about 55.1 KB, so it's still not real big, but hopefully it is easier to read. I've also included the chart that the U.S. Navy Experimental Diving Unit put together for the Mistral double hose regulator just for a comparison.

Enjoy,

SeaRat

Attachments

• Conshelf XII Performance Chart.jpg
    Conshelf XII Performance Chart.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 51
  • USD Mistral (old cover).jpg
    USD Mistral (old cover).jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 53
Connies rule!

+1 on that... First thing I did when the wife wanted to start diving was started looking for connies... Just love them.... Have three complete sets of XIV's, All new old stock...:wink: And their Supremes....

Jim..

Last edited:
Pony : Conshelf VI, Aquarius 2nd stage (basically a Conshelf)
Recreational : Conshelf XIV w/ Apeks DS4 1st stage (I still have the XIV 1st...with a din kit too.)
DA Aquamaster Doublehose : Conshelf VI "octo"

My recreational rig is a hybrid because I wanted modern HP ports as well as enough space for a drysuit inflator.

Conshelfs are solid and easy to service... they're naturally freeze resistant too, due to the large amount of chromed brass.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom