1st Dive of 2011

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Timeliner

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Base Camp: Marietta Landing @ Lake Murray, Ok. on Saturday and Sunday the 1st and 2nd of January '11

Dive the VW and maybe do the Crab trap.

Serious dive & party fun that is gonna be more delight then watching the Tournament of Roses Parade to be sure.
(Oh.... BTW, Good luck to the Frogs !!)

Spend the night and enjoy culture, music, food and maybe frostbite if you sleep outdoors.

News Flash ---- Through binding arbitration we managed to settle the Strike !

The Amish Bath House Dive Crew will be there to give massages, hot towels, imported cognac and fine cigars to registered guests*.
This year due to the recession we went with the Frapin Cuevee 1888 Cognac instead of the Remy Martin Black Pearl Louis XIII to help defray some of the costs.
Yes, Yes, I know, this downgrade may be some what off putting to a few of you but these are the times in which we live so deal with it !

(*Fresh Steeped Mormon Tea will be available to those who do not indulge in C2H6O. BTW.... you'd be surprised how hard it is to find Mormon Tea or Fine Cognac in Oklahoma much less to get the Amish Crew to fix it correctly for us.)

Join us if you would like to ring in the new year and shiver off several of those unwanted holiday pounds and then gain them all right back during supper and breakfast.

Disclaimer....
Ropes will only be provided to reach the water in certain areas such as the Crab Trap Dive... but they are good ropes.... really...you can trust them :rofl3:

All I read was cognac, massage, and rope, lol. Now I just need to find the right person.

Frank,

Congrats with the Amish... I know it was a challenge and that alone would have been enough to get me there all things equal... however,

When you went with the cheaper Cognac, well, a man must have standards and I am just going to have to pass... We will be sipping some fine vintage March Pittsburg wine and eating hot links...

As for a New Year's thought and prayer... may we all be in the water more and return from each dive safely...

Charlie and Donna

First dive commences in approximately 1.5 hours. I am currently sitting in the Carl's, jr. with great anticipation!

Dive 1: 61 minutes, 46F, 59fsw.

Hit the wood crate and no line. Someone has removed the line to the Volkswagon (or Cessna, depending on your point of view) so we go past and double back at the turn pressure. We find the Plymouth (or Rambler depending on your point of view) on the return trip. I also find my C8 light that I dropped on the return trip.

3 divers in, 3 divers out. Success!

It is a beautiful morning in southern Oklahoma. The sun is out, it's dead calm and the steam is coming off the water. The only thing I would want to change is the thermometer reading. 16F. It's a might chilly.

Frank whipped up a batch of eggs Benedict just in case any Yankees drop by for breakfast. Well, that plus we couldn't find and good hogback.

We're waiting for the heat of the day to thaw the drysuit before doing dive 2 but I thought I'd give a full update on attendance. Timeliner and I were the only two brave enough to stay overnight. Texdiveguy was here for dive 1 but headed out as the sun was sinking yesterday. Richerso and Techdivegirl dropped by on their way home from OKC just in time to provide surface support as we were entering the water. Well that's it except for the Amish. They had a little suprise for us. They brought some Peruvian brandy along for the surface interval. Mmmmmm Mmmmmm TASTY!

We were nice and toasty warm inside the Gypsy RV last night. But, all around us The Snow Queen and Mr. Freeze were busy.

Have you ever seen two BCD's a pony bottle, fins and assorted stuff like that put away wet in the back of a car after a dive... Sure ... we all have.

But what about after a 16 degrees night ? :rofl3:
It was all one 300 lbs. block of ice. We had to drive around for 1/2 an hour to warm stuff up enough just to separate it. 'like being on a Crab Boat chopping up bait.

I have a curtain that goes between the Cab and the living area of my RV so it gets sorta cold in the cab. It got cold enough the freeze my gloves, hood and mask to the top of the dash board. :D
My boots were solid.... My Semi-Dry was a statue
The Main Battery was asleep and wouldn't start the RV. 'Good thing I have two on board.
'Went to dump the gray & black water tanks....
You guessed it... valves frozen and stuck with blue slush :mooner:

I'm back in Paris now...It's 4:00 pm, and my soft weights are still crunchy like a Lead Slushy.

I'm packed up and all put away and the Gypsy is ready to roll again.

Over all it was a successful outing. The dive was not really all that cold actually. It was a hoot !! The rest of the time it was just Cold... no doubt. But I still think it was more fun then staying in the house and wishing I was someplace else having a good time.

'Good start to a New Year !! :wink:

I enjoyed our NYD Dive yesterday the 3 of us made!! Man traffic was heavy when I left the park for home. Nice start to the new year. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom