1st Dive Turks & Caicos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

smittyCT

Reaction score
I am going to Turks in at the end of September, and was wondering any recommended dive sites, and what mm wetsuit if any you would recommend. Thanks in advance.

Are you going to Grand Turk, Provo or Salt Cay? A shortie is sufficient, some of the DM's just wear their swimsuits w/no wetsuit. September is the hottest month down there in T&C. Be sure to dress very cool above water, bring sunscreen & drink lots of water.

I'd go with a t-shirt(but I don't dive anywhere I need a wetsuit)

Providenciales(Provo) underwater temperature:

July to September - This is typically hurricane season. The climate ranges from 82° F to 87° F. Water temperature is higher at around 84° F to 86° F. Seas are usually calm during this time with good diving conditions.

For dive sites, as many as you can over on French Cay. It's a long boat ride over there, but the diving is well worth it. There's Spanish Anchor and Gullies to get you started. Two terrific sites.

smittyCT:
I am going to Turks in at the end of September, and was wondering any recommended dive sites, and what mm wetsuit if any you would recommend. Thanks in advance.

My wife's first dive trip was to Provo 2 months ago and by far Caicos adventures was the best operation I had ever seen. They set everything up for her, and we both felt totally safe with them. We are planning to go back in January and we will be using Caicos adventures. :D PS: Good luck, if you have any questions feel free to PM me.

I'll third that opinion.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom