1st question from diver in training

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't have any problems. But I tend to stay hydrated. My wife has some and she says she will take a tiny sip (and it is always sea water). Now if you are a bit more fastidious, there is no reason why you cannot take a small water bottle (it would crush) or baggie or caprisun or something down for a sip every now and then.

Yes, you can drink very easily from a juice pouch underwater. It makes for a great treat on long dives.

You can also take your reg out of your mouth, let it fill with water, then re-insert and purge. You now have moisture inside the reg to help releave drymouth.

If my mouth gets dry I'll often pop out my reg, stick my thumb in my mouth and kind of work it around. Doing that once or twice is usually good enough to last until time to ascend, even in salt water.

Thanks for all the input, I appreciate it! I don't think I'll try the capri drink under water until I'm not a newbie anymore, but its a good idea in case I don't get use to it.

Sometimes I use a piece of gum. I usually keep it between my upper cheek and gums.

If your using Adjustable reg's, tune the adjustment valve down not all the way out. i have found that having the knob all the way out would cause Dry mouth/throat detuning stopped the issue for me. So in other words turn it all the closed then maybe open a turn or two

Before start drinking anything underwater, just make sure that you're well hydrated before diving. That means drinking plenty of fluid the day before. If you're not peeing clear, then you're not well hydrated.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom