1st reg

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

verve

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
hi there, can anyone share there thoughts on what way to go when choosing a piston or diaphragm and a balanced or unbalanced, many thanks 4 ur time.

It all depends on the type of diving you plan on doing, cold/warm, deep, things of that nature. You will most times not even be able to tell the difference in the effort of breathing on a low end and a high reg. I have used a Mares R2 Rebel, which is a low end piston, unbalanced reg, and now have a Zeagle Flathead 6, which is a high end balanced diaphragm reg, and in reality I cant say that the change was worth the $$ aside from the fact that I eventually plan to tryout some tech style diving. Best advise would be to talk to your LDS and fellow divers in your are, try out all the regs you can, then make the decision based off of all of those factors.

Thanks for posting those links couv. Excellent stuff from "all the usual suspects" :D

Best wishes.

Back
Top Bottom