1st stage free flow question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Can first stages free flow too? Is there any difference in how the problem manifests itself - in other words, am I just going to see a continuous stream of air coming out of my second stage that doesn't stop when I create back pressure, much like if the second stage had frozen? Would it come out of both of my second stages and drain the tank twice as quickly?
I once had a "free flow" in a first-stage, but it was because of a loose fitting in that first stage regulator. Specifically, I was diving sidemount, and the connection between the left tank and my left first-stage regulator's DIN connection was tight, but the connection between the DIN post and the regulator itself was loose, resulting in a stream of air coming out of the left first stage. There was no immediate effect on the second stage, but I shut down that side right away and didn't try breathing from it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom