1st stage (Mk16) makes clicking noise after servicing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dlwalke

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I never heard this noise before, but after getting it back after an annual overhaul, I found that it makes a clickclickclickclickclickclick sound when I breathe in through either 2nd stage or vent into BC. The person at the quarry I dove at this weekend (1st dive since getting reg back) said that he had never heard that sound but thought it would be OK to dive with, and I did (to about 40 ft) w/o incident. On monday, when the shop that did the servicing was back open, I took reg in along with tank to get refilled and it was no longer making the noise. I brought it home and hooked up to another tank and it did once more. So I am pretty certain that the noise only occurs when the 1st stage is dealing with a significant amount of pressure. Any idea what this noise is and whether or not it portends anything which could prove to be a problem later on...when I'm underwater?

Thanks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom