1st time in Coz Mar 22-26th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

redhatmama:
The guy in front of the Casa Mexicana is relentless. I had him chase me down on a slow day. No, gracias works well for all vendors except the time share guys, who are just as bad as any Norteamericano time share salesman.
We were trying to find ways to distract him while we snuck by. What a pain in the butt!

All of this advice has been pretty good. Don't mind the guys trying to sell you something...keep walking if you are not interested or have some fun talking to them. Either way have a good time knowing you are diving at one of top places to dive on the planet. Lots of us take it for granted but its really hard to beat the diving in Coz. Have a great time.

One of my favorite spots to just kick back and relax and enjoy the view is from Coconuts on the east side. They are up on a high overlook and if you are lucky you'll find the hammock empty! Aaahhh Paradise! Especially at sunset!

What happened to the sticky?

There is a great little booklet that contains maps, advertisements, and information. I got one from CozSally. Try and find one of those if you can. It's called "the Blue Book".

Definitely check out Coconuts on the other side of the Island. You can get a taxi to take you and bring you back. $60 round trip, which can be split by several people.

Have fun!

My trick to get by the relentless few is to walk around with the ear buds or headphones in...not necessarily on or even hooked into anything other than my pocket. Vendors see the ear phones and wait for the next one to walk by. Works every time!

What to look for... no calls from work! Go diving, meet great people and relax. I just got home from there Friday and wish I was back.

Just got back Monday night.
Don't be afraid to explore. Rent a bicycle or just walk around. We went to lots of places off the beaten track and far away from the main square for dinner.
Tio Jose on Av. 11 Entre 65 Bis y 70 No 799,
Jorges (La casa de la Mula)? 30 Avenida entre 17 y 19
La Delicia - not sure of the address. Walked up Calle 5 past Av. Pedro Joaquin (30 ave) (its a double lane road) then it was 3 streets past that 2 houses from the corner.
All 3 of these places had awesome food and were relativly inexpensive. It is nice to get away from all the touristy stuff and enjoy where the locals go for dinner.
Go to the east side for a day and visit the beaches. Coconuts had awesome burgers and the best french fries I have ever had in my life.
I miss Cozumel. Cant wait to go back

oh and by the way. Even wandering far off away from the rest of the tourists we never felt in danger or scared to be walking the streets at night. Cozumel felt like home to us.

Wildcard:
We were trying to find ways to distract him while we snuck by. What a pain in the butt!
We just walk on the ocean side of the street, problem solved:wink:

rje634:
We just walk on the ocean side of the street, problem solved:wink:

No taxi, gracias
No taxi, gracias
No taxi, gracias
No taxi, gracias
No taxi, gracias
No taxi, gracias
No taxi, gracias
No taxi, gracias
No taxi, gracias