1st Trip to Caribbean!

Which should be *1st* destination in Caribbean?

• Grand Cayman

Votes: 14 58.3%
  • Curacao

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • St. Thomas (US Virgin Islands)

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Turks and Caicos

Votes: 6 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've done your list and the Grand Cayman Northwall gets the highest rating with also some the best shordiving that can be found. We stayed at Cobalt Coast villas (Northwall) and dove with on site operator DiveTech, both awesome operations. Just read a great trip report on www.scubadiving.com that will give all the deals of the Cayman's. November is there off seasons.

Like in real estate, location, location,location,

Cozumel, Cozumel, Cozumel!

100 foot plus viz!, Abundance of sea life, fantastic corals, excellent, excellent diving. IT's not one of the top 10 dive spots in the world for nothing. Did I mention drift diving? Way cool!

Great downtown for partying at night if that is what you want, or laid back lifestyle if that is what you want. $1 beers on the plaza.

Cheap!

Stay at all inclusive Alegro resort if you like that, cheap, cheap diving with multiple tank purchases in advance, with access to the best reefs just minutes off shore.

Swim with dolphins at CHakanuba park.

Rent a car or mopeds and explore the north side of the island, have it all to yourself, or discover some of the secluded beach bars over there.

Just came back from both Grand Cayman and Coz, Coz kicks ass!

Like - where is the water the saltiest?

What I'm getting at here is that you have to do a bit of research on your own. The replies you got were all over the board in terms of expense and ease of travel, quality of diving etcetera.

As one responder admitted, they had only been to Cozumel, so that was the greatest place they had been. That's my point ,exactly.

You have to narrow down your choices by selecting certain criteria that are quite ascertainable by searching the archives here and in GOOGLE Groups. Once you have done so, specific questions should be posed about unanswered questions.

Tell me where you're travelling from, how much you have to spend ($ and time), what kind of diving you have experienced, what kind of dive related challenges you are prepared to accept, how much diving (vs topside activities) that you want, what you're looking for in terms of seclusion (vs access to "city" population life), etc.

November in the Mar Caribe is at the "end" of the hurricane season, as the rainy season may linger on. Were you worried about big storms, rain, or ???

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom