1st trip to Fiji and Australia - a few questions....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Good info about season.

Incidentally, the timing that put us there was my wife's birthday. I'd love to go back and get the Taveuni I wanted.

Ca_white: Knowing it's just five nights, I think you ought to stick with a single place. It'll take the day to travel anywhere so you would lose that. Looks like you'll have to chance where you go.

Taveuni will be the most remote and "authentic". Mamanucca Is were nice and numerous little resorts. You won't get as much island but you'll do as many ocean activities. Taveuni diving will be better but we saw some pretty cool stuff in Mamanucca's too. My research about the Sheraton Denaru was the direct accessed dive areas are very poor.

You can do a relatively safe trip to the Mamanucca Island area which is just off the international plane and on a small one or a boat or you can try for Taveuni. You'll have a good time in the Mamanucca's and there are beautiful areas. Taveuni will be nice but you may lose some time to rain.

There's also Bligh Water area, which might be a little easier travel time?

Depends how easily you get out to the Pacific on how important to go where.

Hi Michael - mid-June!

According to Weatherbase, Waiyevo, Taveuni has the 2nd to least average precipitation (in inches) in June with 6.7". The least is July with 4.9". November is listed as having 9.8".

Weatherbase: Historical Weather for Waiyevo, Fiji

Although it appears that there is some amount of rain 1/2 the days of the month, all year long.

Shasta man - We've been on quite a few "Caribbean beach" type vacations so Taveuni appealed more to us. Maybe we'll just take our chances and cross our fingers!

Thanks again.

Carole

Back
Top Bottom