For Sale 2 Aluminum 80's for Sale in SE Florida

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Super tempting. I dive steel but the missus will get certified when it warms up and these would be groovy for her. My wallet thanks you for being further than I can impulsively buy but wishing you luck and adding more positivity to this thread!

Super tempting. I dive steel but the missus will get certified when it warms up and these would be groovy for her. My wallet thanks you for being further than I can impulsively buy but wishing you luck and adding more positivity to this thread!
If she's a new diver, AL80s are a great and safe place to start.
Anywhere you go on vacation you will rent them almost assuredly as the default.
Also everything that she will learn about gas planning, inherent PSI numbers (don't get on the boat with <500 etc etc) as well as her initial needed weights will be based off of a 3000psi rated, 80cuft cylinder.
So unless you plan on finding some midpressure 80 steels, I would get her AL80s to start in your shoes since it'll be the least different from her OW training.

I will concede that there are fill station operators that may spread falsehoods re: tank safety either intentionally through greed and the desire to sell new bottles or ignorance/superstition/voodoo that have not taken the time or expended the effort to learn actual fact (aka lazy-assed folk). After all, "IT'S FOR THE CHILDREN!" so it cannot be debated.
Oh man. Or the fill station operators my buddies go to that consistently fill their HP100s to ~3100psi / 3200psi and argue "thats a good fill! its above 3000!"
Yeah, theres a couple shops in particular in the area that are extremely guilty of this and other tank related falsehoods.

Oh man. Or the fill station operators my buddies go to that consistently fill their HP100s to ~3100psi / 3200psi and argue "thats a good fill! its above 3000!"
Yeah, theres a couple shops in particular in the area that are extremely guilty of this and other tank related falsehoods.
Assuming a 90 deg temp, I would assume a good fill on those HP 100s would be just shy of 3,600 (OK ~3,542#), maybe a little more if it is a fast hot fill... Less than that is not even close to full.

I would like to get a couple of HP 100, but most places I go I'd still have an 80 as they top their fills at a target of 3,000#.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom