2 hours to do bag drag November 2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You only have 1? šŸ¤£

We each have a dive bag with a few clothes and cosmetics interspersed within. and a carry on equipment bag with the comp, reg, lights etc.
Yes, it's true - I only have one full size roller bag for the dive gear. Then comes another full sized bag that gets checked with the dive bag, two max size carry-ons, a purse that should probably be classified closer to an army rucksack and another (more reasonably sized) carry on for electronics, cameras, dive and normal computers, tablets, headphones etc. We sure pack light. I don't know what I'm going to do when I have to haul three sets of dive gear (my 14 year old daughter has declared herself a diver for life after our last trip out with Sharky's). šŸ¤£

For us it's probably the BCD and 7mm wetsuits that prevent dumping all the gear in one bag. Our son started diving at 10 yrs old. We had to take his bag down with us as he was living in AB at the time and flew down direct. We got a few questions about it during the random search. -Why extra gear?
I've also read they are giving grief for extra comps, and equipment in general now. It's all about the taxes I think?

For us it's probably the BCD and 7mm wetsuits that prevent dumping all the gear in one bag. Our son started diving at 10 yrs old. We had to take his bag down with us as he was living in AB at the time and flew down direct. We got a few questions about it during the random search. -Why extra gear?
I've also read they are giving grief for extra comps, and equipment in general now. It's all about the taxes I think?
Is this in Cancun or Cozumel?

To be honest I'm not sure which airport, my wife mentioned it to me she has seen complaints on Coz4U about this new shakedown. They seem to think the tourists are bringing in gear to sell?

For us it's probably the BCD and 7mm wetsuits that prevent dumping all the gear in one bag.
I can't get all of our gear into one bag either. We'll, that's not quite true. I can, but then the bag is overweight so I have to spread the first and second stages (plus usually a wetsuit or two) around into other bags. Once I'm hauling three of everything... I guess I'm buying another roller.

We have the Stahlsac Caicos cargo bag and their reg bags slide over the handle (so cool). Ours get heavy too, to the point where the ferry bag guys start complaining until a tip comes their way... lol

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom