2 more down...plus!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diverdowndh

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Well, did the Environment and Equipment tests tonight, passed with flying colors. Also did our dive briefing and got good reviews for them.
Next week: physics and physiology exams. This weekend: watching another OW class and finishing up the skills that we did not finish last weekend.

Wrapping things up!

I'm slightly envious, even though I don't have a decent idea how those match up with the NAUI test(s) I have in my moderately near future. I'm still internalizing the Standards and Policies Manual and everything in the textbook, but apparently we'll be probably hitting first water in two weeks.

I'm actually pondering over what it would take, logistically, to arrange a small flotilla to dive Cypress Spring on our next Florida checkout. That would certainly cover the "Performing as a Divemaster, organize and conduct a dive for certified divers in a significantly different setting from that of the previous dives, e.g. (boat vs. beach)." skill, since nobody else from my LDS has ever been to that spring (much less participated in a canoe diving flotilla). If I can find someone with a little bass boat to join in, it would be easier. :D

Sounds like you have your hands full! That is quite the undertaking to say the very least.
Well, finished up all of our skills on Sat and Sun while watching an OW class. The last thing we did was my DMC buddy and I swapped all of our gear in the deep end of the pool - that was kinda fun to be honest. My DMC buddy is not nearly as tall and his fins are smaller size so we both had our challenges. We did it and now I believe we have only the 3 exams left. I'll have to check again but I think we are in the final stages!

I'm now on week three of "ZERO to 1650 in Six Weeks", which means the first leg is now 400 yards. I looked at that and said, "Eh, why not?" and bumped it up to 450 yards... which just happens to be the distance we have to swim in under 9 minutes.

Well, I made the 450 yards non-stop... in eight minutes and forty-three seconds. :D

(Not bad for a first try, and since we're not likely to hit the pool before I'm done with week four, I should have improved by then. I only did about the first 200-250 yards at full speed before I started losing momentum, although I did sprint the last length.)

Good luck on that... it's flu season and I had to hit the echinacea and zinc already since last weekend. A little girl got out of the pool while we were carrying equipment out and sneezed on my buddy and I... I think I'll stay away from the pool for a while, at least til after my upcoming Cozumel trip. Unless I need to for DM, of course. Keep at it ClayJar!

Good Luck to you both. Let me know when you pass. We can all celebrate the end of the process. Just got my DM last night.

Greg:)

Back
Top Bottom