2 versions of the Eezycut Trilobite glow in the dark??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gaapk410

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I recently purchased what I thought was the same product from an online scuba distributor.

It looks like either there is a knock off version I was sent or the manufacturer at some point switched out the material of the plastic housing for these. See pictures attached. One is almost see through and the other is not. The see through one does not glow as bright as the opaque one. Also the opaque one has "patented" printed on the edge of the finger hole of the plastic housing.

I'm not very familiar with online purchases of scuba gear and wanted to see if anyone has had this type of experience. I'm not really sure if i'm looking at a knock off or just a switch of materials used by the manufacturer.

20201031_211729.jpg
20201031_211823.jpg
20201031_212837.jpg

Yeah I sent the retailer the photos and they were able to give me a refund so kudos to them for coming through.

Problem is that I actually want to purchase another of the version that glows more bright and nobody seems to be able to confirm which version they would send me as they come in a sealed package that once opened cannot be resold. The cutter within the package is almost impossible to see since it is inside of the harness mount pouch.

I've reached out to eezycut to see what they have to say about it.
Stay tuned.....

Did you get an answer from eezycut?

Bought a trilobite glow.in the dark.
too,
But It does not glow at all.

Some other tell tail signs, the one on the right that doesn't glow, from the pictures, the nut is not straight. I'm a builder (homes, cars, boats) it's the little details I look for. All the switch plate covers in a home that I build, all the screws are vertical, for example.

Yeah I sent the retailer the photos and they were able to give me a refund so kudos to them for coming through.

Problem is that I actually want to purchase another of the version that glows more bright and nobody seems to be able to confirm which version they would send me as they come in a sealed package that once opened cannot be resold. The cutter within the package is almost impossible to see since it is inside of the harness mount pouch.

I've reached out to eezycut to see what they have to say about it.
Stay tuned.....
It seems you can buy direct here. Buy direct? Take a link out of the chain. I'm taking it you don't have a LDS around, because that would a great place to start, build a relationship.

Back
Top Bottom