2 week Central America tour

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Only two weeks! That makes a big difference in where you can get to "dive bum style." Every day you move from one location to another is a day spent not diving. Even if you were to fly rather than take the bus (which you probably don't have time to mess with), it's still at least a full day to relocate. I know you have been to Cozumel several times, but it's still some of the best diving in the region. With only two weeks, allowing a day for travel on either end and a day in the middle, I would recommend something like five or six days in Mexico (maybe you will catch the cenote bug in Tulum) and five or six days in either Honduras OR Belize. To me, Mexico-Belize is the obvious combination, but since diversteve points out that TropicAir can fly you from Belize to Honduras, I would be tempted to look into that.

2 weeks is a lifetime for me to be away from my business! I may be able to squees 3 weeks or 18 days in though. I am really looking to make one hell of an adventure trip out of the time I have. I have all the airline miles I need to fly anywhere in the world to dive, I just can't decide where. The diving has to be good, but I also would like some cool surface activities or cultural experiences. Bali has crossed my mind as well as looking for a place to dive south of the equator.

I have a free pass to dive anywhere in the world, now I can't decide where to go!

I hear good things about HI -- haven't dived there ("yet", I hope). We did fly an 8-seater cessna that definitely flies low enough you wouldn't have to worry about deco between the islands.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom