20 cubic foot pony bottle: where to buy?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ojai Diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have a Zeagle 6 cf pony bottle, complete with tank, regulator, and mountable pouch. I like how this system mounts to my wing. Zeagle also sells a 20 cf system, which also includes all of the above.

As I already have the above regulator, for deeper dives I would like to get just the 20 cf bottle, The 20 cf pouch I can get from Zeagle for $40, but they wanted about $229 just for the 20 cf bottle alone.

Looking around, this 20 cf size appears to be scarce. Where can I get one of these, cheap?

Thanks.

I have an AL30 I would sell you. 6/17 hydro. $100+shipping

No, thanks. Just want the 20, and was curious as to why they do not seem so common.

issue with the zeagle 20 cf tank is that it is a non standard size catalina that is shorter and fatter than usual. it is like 5.25 inches around instead of the 4.375 you expect for an al19. it isn't sold normally by catalina, only as a custom order. that is why you don't see them much.

i would look at the xs scuba pony bottle bag, an al19, and reusing your razor instead.

Small Aluminum Cylinders

Pony Bottle Bag

No, thanks. Just want the 20, and was curious as to why they do not seem so common.

It's a non-standard size, so I guess it's a supply and demand thing.

Many people who dive with redundant gas just sling the bottles instead of using a pocket, and 20 CUF (while relatively small) is big for mounting on the BC in a pocket. If you sling a bottle (that is, clip it to your waist and shoulder D-rings), you will find that a 30 or 40 CUF bottle pretty much disappears underwater. It's also easier to hand off if necessary, so most people just do it that way. So there will be more used 30s and 40s available than 20s, which aren't that popular.

Back
Top Bottom