2001 Oceanic Datamax Pro Plus questions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

James Lucas

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I am looking at buying a 2001 Oceanic Datamax Pro Plus dive computer (Nitrox compatible) How does it compare with the new Oceanic Datamax Pro Plus II and how much would it be worth.

The newer Pro Plus II has an improved power system that makes the battery last a LOT longer. That's the only real complaint I have with my older Pro Plus. It does use some batteries and they're kinda expensive.

Outside of that, the Pro Plus II has some features over the older model. Best to go to Oceanic's website and pull down the owner's manual for each one and compare.

I'm going to hold onto my Pro Plus until it dies and then go with a Pro Plus II. I really like that big display and the way it tracks Nitrogen loading and O2 exposure with the meters on each side. I've tried to talk myself into just upgrade it anyway but I can go through a LOT of batteries for $700 or so.

-Charles

thanks, I looked at the Oceanic website, but could not find the owner manuel or information for older models, do you know where I can find this.

Back
Top Bottom