2004 year in review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diverbob

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
What was the best diving experience you had this year?

I personally know a lot of people in this forum, so I know there are going to be a lot of good stories in here.

OK, I'll start. After waiting for several years, I finally got to make a North Carolina dive trip. Yes, it was just as good as I thought it would be. In fact, we even made it diving five days in a row without getting blown out. Now, I can't wait to go back.

Ok... I'll chime in on this one. Of the locations I dove this year (Belize, Bonaire, Beaver Lake, Table Rock Lake and Oronogo) Bonaire has to be my new favorite. Anyplace you can take a cab to a divesite and have the driver pick you up in three hours has be be a special place in the world of diving. On the homefront, the Project Aware dives at Table Rock were great this year. Beautiful weather and it made you feel like you were making an impact. DUI DOG days at Beaver Lake in April was a unique experience and it motivated me to get a drysuit. Most recently Oronogo was an interesting dive site, and I'm still looking for a dive buddy for January 1, 2005!!

Robb

My best diving experience this year was a couple of days when seven of my cadets (ages 15-18) did their final cert. dives. The looks on their faces when they were told they did it. I was in the water with them while they did their pool sessions and all of their open water dives. Some were scared with the "less than ideal" (we are MWMD after all, lucky to get 2 ft.), but they stuck with it and finished.

I was really proud of all of them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom