2005 Ranger LTD ???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chetflyer

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I recently purchased a Ranger pro LTD off of E-bay.They described the BCD as being a Ranger pro LTD... having extra D-rings and Rear dump pouches. They said that the BCD had about 4 dives on it...it had only been used to complete open water part of diving course...then the student decided not to continue. Anyway ...I won this on Ebay...the BCD IS in extremely good condition but...it looks EXACTLY the same as a standard Ranger BCD. I emailed them and explained that they had sold me a standard Ranger BCD not a Ltd edition. They took about a week getting back to me and attempted to assure me that it was a pro LTD but now they're saying it is a 2005 model LTD and that it doesn't come with any of the extra features??? Even if so...why did they list all the extra features and promote this BCD as a LTD edition with all these extra features? Can someone tell me what extra features the 2005 model of the LTD BCD comes with?? I think that they are just trying to pull a fast one...they said that I could return it...but I have already purchased some accessories that would go with the LTD edition..and I have paid the GST due on the unit when I received it here in Canada at the post office...I'm sure that I will have to jump through a lot of hoops to get my taxes back if nothing else...besides..sending it back will cause me further delays and it's diving season up here. I requested that he give me about $75.00 back and then leave things the way they are ...he said no...do you think that I'm being unreasonable? By the way ...this is the very first time I have had any problems on E-Bay. Is there any way of figuring out what year this BCD is? it actually looks Brand new!!! If the seller is trying to be dishonest ...then at least I want to leave negative feedback!!

A 2005 Ranger LTD should have the following:

1. Zip mount attachment points on the bladder.
2. A pull out pocket on the waist panel.
3. A Lumbar pad installed.
4. A couple of extra d-rings on the vest section.
5. The yellow weight pockets included.

If it has those extras, it is an LTD. If it doesn't, it's not.

Good luck,

Scott

even if he did pull a fast one on you, does it make a difference?

as long as you got a good deal on the bcd i would be happy. a new ranger can be expensive.

i can understand that you bought some accessories for the bc, and that is fustrating i am sure, but unless they are the zipper accessory pouches, they should still work with any zeagle bcd.

good luck with your issue, and i hope everything works out for the best

They ARE the zipper accessories...it was still false advertising...I wouldn't say that I got a deal on it considering it was NOT a LTD. Lying is Lying...If I advertised a Dui drysuit that was a TLS 350 Signature series and you purchased it as that ....I'm sure you would be upset if you received a STOCK TLS 350!!!

File your eBay and PayPal claims now. Product not as advertised. You will probably have to send the item back to the seller if you do not want it. If you do, then you will have to take this one on the chin. Caveat emptor.

What did you pay for it?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom